Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Second detox?
Posted by: annex ()
Date: October 08, 2008 04:19PM

To all of you long termers out there.... I was sick a week ago and in the process of trying to diagnose what I had, nothing that first came to mind seemed to fit (overstressed, mild food poisoning, mild flu?) because I would have some symptoms and not others. And then I realized that if I was at the beginning of going raw I would think it was detox.... and it did mimic what I felt at that time. But I have been raw for about 2 years. Then I remembered that some people do talk about a second detox. What do you guys think? Does that happen? When people talked about later detoxes I just thought they were saying it was detox because they didn't want to think that their diet was making them ill, or at least not preventing them from being ill. But now I think I may have made too many judgmental presumptions!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Second detox?
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: October 08, 2008 06:24PM

There is always SOME level of detox going on. Most illness/blockage is close to the surface and comes out initially. Some is suppressed or deep, and this can often emerge during a stressful situation....sometimes months or years after initial detox. Finally, some people will face a final-type crisis perhaps 10 years after going raw....as the deepest blockages are healed and removed.

So: If a large ENOUGH crisis enters the life....or a big ENOUGH change...then people can and will get ill. But periodic detox/sickness-type events are also normal....in my experience.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Re: Second detox?
Posted by: life101 ()
Date: October 08, 2008 10:17PM

I continue to detox. I will continue to do so until my body is completely clean. At that point, my brown eyes should be completely blue (they are only partially blue now), I will no longer menstruate, and I'm not sure what else.

The detox events are most noticeable during my 10 day water fasts. Since my last fast about 3 weeks ago, now, it's like I detox everyday. I feel whether my body has more mucus congestion or not on a daily basis, etc.

Good luck. Therese

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables