Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Perpetual Detox
Posted by: wendysmiling ()
Date: October 09, 2008 06:01PM

Do you thin not eating 100% raw keeps you in perpetual detox? I know everyone says to transition over months or years, but I was kinda thinking that when I tried to quit smoking,if I added some cigarettes in every few days, or 1 a day, it took me 2 years to quit. Only once I went cold turkey could I kick it.

Same thing with hard drugs or alcohol.... cold turkey is best. Why should food be different?

Just curius on your takes...

WendySmiling in Oklahoma
www.16weeks2health.blogspot.com
12/17/10.......240/155/125

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Perpetual Detox
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: October 09, 2008 06:18PM

The human body is always detoxing itself, even for people eating a very clean all raw diet. To the extent that the detoxification results in an unpleasant symptom (say like body odor, skin problems, bacterial/yeast problems, etc) depends on if a person is consuming more toxin than their body can eliminate through the digestive system.

A person eating all raw can have unpleasant symptoms if they are consuming more food than their bodies can process, or their digestive system and elimination systems are impaired because of stress, lack of rest, or lack of health.

Posted by: cocoa_nibs ()
Date: October 09, 2008 07:07PM

Hear ya! Great question. here from an ex-smoker:
smoking or alcohol or drugs I view as being either ON or OFF. Food you can't be totally off.

With smoking I had a much easier time kicking the habit once and for good. Went through some unpleasantness, then was done with that sort of detox.

Food you cant live without (I tried that, too, and it didnt work, LOL!). For me it is easier to go bit by bit. I will give you the sequence below of what I gave up.

To me, each of these items produce very specific reactions, so it felt like 'going cold turkey' in a way.
I gave up wheat in one sitting. Then processed foods. (then 5 years passed). Then I gave up meat in one sitting. Then I gave up cow dairy. Then goat cheese. Then goat milk. Then Laerabars. Then shelled nuts. Then cocoa-nibs. All the while (ever since going vegetarian and the vegan) being very focused on loading up on fruits and veggies. That was the mantra: as much fruit and veggies as you like. DIG IN, the more the better.... (and that need has changed since then, too)

In each of these phases I had little slippages that would let me know FAST that that food is not good for me and has certain effects. Dairy, cocoa, and rice (blue rice) had the worst consequences. And wheat - I had to eat it for a medical test once (to produce antibodies) - WOOHEE! No good. (They actually messed up the test results and wanted me to redo it, but I told them I knew the result!)

Each of the slippages took me about a week to recover. Some of them triggered terrible binges, so it took even longer. But I am SOOO grateful for what I learned!

I know that whenever I tried to do too much too fast (without listening to my feed back mechanisms), it would backfire. As binges, mostly. Now I am really going slow and listening to my body.

Hope this helps!!

Good luck.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: October 09, 2008 11:56PM

I agree with the above great posts.

Opinion:

-There is a definite difference between quitting very bad habits....and incorporating good/productive lifestyles and eating habits. The time to quit very bad habits is RIGHT AWAY......heh...heh....AS SOON AS POSSIBLE......OVERNIGHT....if you can. The time to incorporate good habits is: AT A PACE THAT ENSURES ITS A THING YOU'LL BE ABLE TO DO FOREVER. So: I believe that, when it comes to incorporating good habits, a regime that starts out very slow can always be sped up....when it becomes clear that the motivation is there to maintain consistency. This builds confidence and success.

So: Start and slow and succeed....and you can always speed up. Start out fast and fail....and one is often dis-heartened. Heh..heh. I certainly know some folks who seem to define their lives by a series of 'noble failures'. Ha! ha! Just not my bag baby. Honest. winking smiley I prefer small success to big failure.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 11, 2008 11:29PM

a lot of raw educators say that what u have in your blood is what your body will crave

so... yeah... that seems to be true

if u continually have fruit and greens in your bloodstream

u will crave it more and more

and u won't wanna ruin your high

have fun

have a blast even

smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables