Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw percentages
Posted by: wendysmiling ()
Date: October 15, 2008 02:58PM

If I were 50% raw would that means 50% of calories from raw?

WendySmiling in Oklahoma
www.16weeks2health.blogspot.com
12/17/10.......240/155/125

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw percentages
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: October 15, 2008 04:36PM

Sure. Although you can figure rough percentages anyway you want. It's only a guide. If you eat 3 meals a day...and two are all-raw....then you are roughly 66% raw. You dig? You COULD certainly measure via calories....if you are journaling/recording what you are eating anyway. It's all good.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: wendysmiling ()
Date: October 15, 2008 05:04PM

I hate things that are complicated, but I read somewhere that (for example) if my 2 raw meals were 400cals total and my one meal was 800cals then my percentage would only be 33%.

I hate recording/journaling food. I'm trying to get out of that. It was part of my ED. Trying to listen to my body. I find if I stuff it with thingsI don;t realy want, but think I want... that I shut it up and I can't feelit or hear it.

WendySmiling in Oklahoma
www.16weeks2health.blogspot.com
12/17/10.......240/155/125

Posted by: frances ()
Date: October 15, 2008 06:02PM

Instead of a quantitative goal that tends to require journaling, I prefer more descriptive and less work-intensive goals. I tell myself how many cooked meals or avocados I might eat per week, which foods I will not eat, and which foods I'm not ready to eliminate but would like to move toward eliminating. I never have to force myself to eat healthy foods these days, so it's all about avoidance of things I'm trying to move away from.

I have journaled my eating at times, but I find it obsessive and annoying after a while.

Posted by: iLIVE ()
Date: October 15, 2008 06:20PM

Sometimes if you journal for just a little bit till you get the hang of it, then you don't need to write it down physically, you just know. Just like you never learn something unless you do the lessons to learn it before hand. Or you could play around with one of the calorie intake websites and see what makes how many calories in one day..then do another day, etc. and just do it that way. I did that before on some free time and it helps. Hey, everyone just wants to know what their body wants. It's hard to tell. ahh

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: October 15, 2008 07:10PM

Rather then count calories % or take note of volume % or journal I just eat what I want when I want it as long as its fresh raw food.
Last June I ate a "Mexi Veggie Wrap" at a restaurant and got strong cravings for more cooked foods. It took better then a month to get back to all fresh raw. The cravings persisted as long as I fed them and a little longer. I have found that as long as I don't eat any cooked food it is easy to eat all fresh raw as I enjoy the taste of the fresh raw foods much more then the cooked foods. The cravings arn't based on anything the body needs, their just cravings. Once a person learns the truth about cravings and says "no thanks" they lose their power and you are free to eat raw without paying any attention to counting or % or scales and instead just paying attention to body signals and giving prompt attention to giving the body what it needs when it needs it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables