Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

The Dr's- tv show
Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: October 15, 2008 01:45PM

I was watching this show on ABC yesterday. The first season just started this fall. I think the name is "The Doctors" but I can't find a website. They have a panel of doctors that talk about different things. Some parents may know one of the doctors. He is Dr. Sears. His parents have written a lot of parenting books. Anyway, yesterday they had the top ten medical trends and Raw Food Diet was number 7. They put raw and living foods in a very nice light. They had a lot of food prepared by an expert at preparing raw food. They actually had lots of fresh fruits, some smoothies, soup and other stuff. Dr. Sears tried the soup and said it was really good. The remarks were all positive. Then this guy who had lost around 200 pounds in two years eating raw came out. He looked so great. He had that beautiful raw glow and wasn't "saggy" like so many people who lose that much weight can be. He talked about other benefits,as well,such as no more depression. It was pretty short but very positive. The kids were excited about it. It was VERY exciting!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Dr's- tv show
Posted by: wendysmiling ()
Date: October 15, 2008 02:35PM

You can get the website here. I work for a CBS station. :-)

[www.cbstvd.com]

WendySmiling in Oklahoma
www.16weeks2health.blogspot.com
12/17/10.......240/155/125

Date: October 15, 2008 02:48PM

Where i live it comes on an ABC station.

Thanks for posting a link.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: October 16, 2008 02:17PM

I am a big fan of Phil McClusky, the minus-200-pounder. He has a wonderful blog describing his transition to raw month by month. I think it's LovingRaw.com. I thought it was hysterical that earlier in that episode of "The Doctors," the doctor who's a plastic surgeon commented that we don't need to detoxify our bodies because our food isn't that toxic! And then during the raw foods segment, the doctor who's an ob/gyn kept muttering about how weird the food looked and that it needed bacon. BACON! "A" for effort to ABC, but the mainstream medical community has a ways to go, I guess : )

Date: October 16, 2008 02:42PM

I have been to Phil's blog. I thought he looked familiar. He looked so good on the show. I was proud of him and raw.

I didn't catch the "bacon" comment. How can a doctor talk like that?

I like Dr. Sears. I am a fan of his parents books, so I am biased.

I have a lot of faith in raw foods. It has really changed a lot of people's lives and this was the best mainstream media on it I have ever seen. Also, Dr. Oz (on Oprah once a month) is teaching people to be healthier. He isn't raw or even vegan but teaches a much healthier than sad diet including lots of fruits and vegetables. I live in the unhealthiest part of the country and things are changing here. Last year a health food store pushing raw opened in Lake Charles and they advertise raw foods on our local TV station. They seem to be thriving everytime I go in there. There are 11 people in my area on meetup.com that are interested in having Raw meetups. I am thinking about starting a potluck. "The times, they are a changin'."

GO RAW!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables