Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Is it possible?
Posted by: Lejla ()
Date: October 18, 2008 12:02AM

Hi,

I usually just read and learn from this forum, but this strange thing is happening with me and I thought I ask.
Seemingly if I cheat and start to eat cooked food, my hair starts to fall in an alarming rate.
It happened 3-4 times, that is how many times I fell off the wagon. And as soon as I eat raw again, even if some hair still comes out, the quantity is nowhere near to the hair loss during cooked food consumption. Although I experience this thing I still cannot believe it.

Actually as I think of it now, I used to loose many more hair than average since my teen years. I always looked for an explanation. Now I possibly have it, but I don`t know....
Did anyone experience similar thing?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is it possible?
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: October 18, 2008 02:46AM

Lejla Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Did anyone experience similar thing?
I've had hair loss in the past when I got off
Wheatgrass Juice.
You might add some green juice to your diet, and notice
if it makes a difference. It did for me.
The Hair is a reflection of overall Health.
I'm surprised your hair loss comes-and-goes so quickly
with Cooked and Raw......WY

Posted by: Lejla ()
Date: October 18, 2008 03:23AM

Thanks for the reply.
I am a huge green smoothie fan for about two years.
Yes, it`s about a week maybe or a little bit more on only raw again, and then I notice the difference.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 18, 2008 06:39AM

i heard something about parsley too
and biotin rich foods as well

Posted by: iLIVE ()
Date: October 18, 2008 10:54AM

I've been doing a little look up on hair loss, and it seems that vitamins and nutrients can play a big role in what your head looks like. Perhaps when you ate cooked food, (obviously a different type of meal -- what did you eat that was cooked?) it contained less vitamins and minerals then the raw meals that you eat - or a different variety that effect your noggin and hair cells. When WY stopped eating the green juice, it was because (most likely) of the supernutrients it has - like biotin, which is an enormous contributer to preventing the graying of hair and growth. smiling smiley So i would go on nutridiary or something and see what vitamins you're getting or perhaps even wikipedia and look up the amount per serving of each vitamin/mineral and see how this compares to the effects of them to your hair growth when you eat them.

Hope you can come to consensus.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables