Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

seasonal depresssion and raw eating?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 17, 2008 04:01PM

I suffered seasonal depression for a number of years. One of the reasons that I left Michigan for AZ was to combat the seasonal depression with lots of sun.

I have read several stories on how raw food life-styles have healed people from a myriad of ailments. Has anyone suffered seasonal depression? If so has a raw diet eliminated the seasonal depression?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: seasonal depresssion and raw eating?
Posted by: ecjames1120 ()
Date: October 17, 2008 09:28PM

I haven't suffered from seasonal depression, but I have battled with (general) depression for the past ten years... I would offer that since being raw, I have a lot more energy, which translates into a much more positive outlook on life for me. Exercise is also great for boosting endorphins. This will be my first winter raw... I'm hoping between the juiced ginger to stay warm and the kale to keep me peppy, that this will be a great dark season. smiling smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 18, 2008 12:52AM

I will always insist my mental state is best on raw foods,as opposed to any other "healthy" way of eating.

Brian

Posted by: rawveggiemom ()
Date: October 18, 2008 02:15AM

It has not helped my depression in the winter. If I had the money i would move to a hotter climate.

Posted by: sunshazza ()
Date: October 20, 2008 07:26PM

Eating a 100% raw food diet in a cold climate is very difficult for most. It's such a struggle as your body is craving some warming foods. If you have some warm vegetable soups and perhaps some steamed veggies, this might just see you through the winter without the depression.

100% raw and a hot climate is an ideal situation!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables