Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

how soon can i eat fruit after eating cooked food?
Posted by: rufio ()
Date: October 19, 2008 08:41PM

im still trying to ween off cooked food, i usually save the cooked stuff for the end of the day so i can load up on fruit beforehand. but sometimes, usually on weekends, i will eat cooked food (cooked quinoa, beans, etc.). how many hours should i give stomach to empty out before i can eat fruit? ive read it takes anywhere from 5-8 hours for food to leave the stomach. i assume that means cooked foods. do i really have to wait that long before i eat fruit?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2008 08:42PM by rufio.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: how soon can i eat fruit after eating cooked food?
Posted by: arugula ()
Date: October 19, 2008 08:44PM

No.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: October 19, 2008 08:48PM

Opinion:

-Good food combining....or mono-eating....are good practices....but not that big a deal while the person is still transitioning. I would not worry about this...but simply seek to increase your overall % of fresh, unprocessed fruits and vegetables......unless you are experiencing acute symptomology. Once you reach YOUR raw goals, then refining and cleansing practices can be quite helpful.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: iLIVE ()
Date: October 20, 2008 01:10PM

i eat cooked food before fruit sometimes and i don't have any big problems; well, there's no difference in digestion between me eating cooked food after or before fruit is what I mean

hope you're able to figure things out smiling smiley

Posted by: cocoa_nibs ()
Date: October 20, 2008 07:04PM

Can you eat the fruit first?
THis will pass through your system quite quickly. Especially if you mono just waiting for an hour does it for me.

Posted by: sunshazza ()
Date: October 21, 2008 06:22PM

I agree with you that eating the fruit first is best as it digests very quickly leaving you room to eat your cooked food later on.

If you eat the fruit after the cooked meals, they will be stuck behind this slowly digesting cooked food until they start to ferment. Not a good situation!

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: October 22, 2008 04:19PM

I think 4 hours should be enough, unless your cooked meal was really badly combined.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: iLIVE ()
Date: October 22, 2008 11:05PM

it also depends on the meal - cooked food can digest fast if it's the right kind (like breads and pastas and such will take longer to digest then steamed vegetables or something)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables