Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

detox question
Posted by: cocoa_nibs ()
Date: October 17, 2008 04:40PM

Have any of you experienced sore throat in detox?
Obviously it doesn't make sense to chalk up any and everything to detox, yet what I am experiencing at the moment does feel like my sore throat, tiredness, brain fogginess, and changes in digestion are related to detox. I have given up dairy and unshelled nuts a few months ago and am eating less adn less cooked these days. My major detox episodes in the beginning were full blown colds, but this one seems slower. No other cold symptoms, just sore throat, and a little pressure in my ears. I am using a neti pot to flush my sinuses, as recommended by my ND to help the ears.

If sore throat is detox, why is that?

Also:
Is it your experience that detox comes in phases like that? WOndering if I shoudl start colonics at this point?

I am sleeping a lot and taking things easy, meditating, yoga, exercising etc. THe emotions are definitely detoxing as well, my dreams have been off the chart. (that could be related to the B Vitamins I am taking as well, however)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: detox question
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: October 17, 2008 05:32PM

Yes. This is very normal. The throat has plenty of soft tissues that can become sore and swell with inflammation. It should pass.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: wendysmiling ()
Date: October 21, 2008 05:38PM

I haven't had a sore throat, but since starting my juice feast my belly button turned bright red and raw last night. I also am noticing a pink tinge to my skin, all over, not just the face. It looks like I've gotten a little sun, but I haven't been in the sun much. Detox is interesting.

WendySmiling in Oklahoma
www.16weeks2health.blogspot.com
12/17/10.......240/155/125

Posted by: iLIVE ()
Date: October 23, 2008 11:25PM

I feel like people that try to do "raw" seem to explain a lot is attributed to detox. It could in fact be a deficiency in some vitamin or mineral (not to say that a previous diet was not deficient as well - but perhaps now the person is more aware of symptoms because of the critical thinking raw foods brings to the table)

If you went to a doctor and said that you have a soar throat, this could mean a plethora of things and is the symptom for..so many things -- no one knows if this is normal (how many raw foodists are there really that someone can come across that all have had the same soar throat symptoms); only you can really say what it means. you know what you eat and what you do, so figuring it out should be based on how you figure it out to be. Whether it be through research online or experimentation on yourself with different meals.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables