Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Chemotherapy
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 26, 2008 12:47AM

Does anyone have any information on the efficacy of a raw food diet on cancer? Also, does chemotherapy eradicate the effects a raw food diet has on the body?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Chemotherapy
Posted by: arugula ()
Date: October 26, 2008 01:02AM

>Does anyone have any information on the efficacy of a raw food diet on cancer?

Raw green leaves provide maximum protection and probably slow growth more than any other foods. You can search pubmed on

raw vegetables breast cancer.

Also vegan diets high in fiber and low in fat are best for slowing the development of prostate cancer.

>Also, does chemotherapy eradicate the effects a raw food diet has on the body?

I think it would be the other way around: a good raw food diet would tend to lessen the efficacy of chemotherapy, which kills healthy cells along with bad ones.

If it were me with cancer and chemo I would still eat the raw food diet, nonetheless.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: October 26, 2008 01:03AM

Check out the DVD Healing Cancer From Inside Out to hear people's testimonies of how they healed their cancer with raw foods. The first part of the DVD is about the cancer industry.

Date: October 26, 2008 01:15AM

The big concern is that the chemo will destroy the effects of the raw food.
The doctors say there is no cure, and the drugs have kept me going for almost 5 years (kidney cancer with mets to bone and lungs.)

I'd like to stop the drugs, because I don't want to hinder the potential life-saving properties of raw foods. On the other hand, I don't want to go off them and have the cancer go wild. It has been contained so far, by the drugs.

What I really need to know, (if any information like this exists), is if all the rich healing benefits of raw food are destroyed when those chemicals are pumped into my veins.

Thanks for the information you've given me so far.

Date: October 26, 2008 01:45AM

Uncle, I am sorry to hear about your cancer. That would be very scary.

There have been some studies about vitamin C interfering with the efficacy of chemo. But on the other hand, there have been some studies about the efficacy of flavonoids as chemo agents, which are present in just about every fruit and vegetable. Mushroom, green tea, soy (yes) and O3 fatty acids are also worth pursuing.

If it were me, I would invest in a good juicer, drink a couple of cups of mostly green juice with carrots and tomatoes, have a big lettuce salad every day, and fill up on raw fruits, with a handful of walnuts, a tbsp or two of flax, a brazil nut, a serving of soy, and some mushrooms, and wash it all down with green or white tea.

I'd probably also take algae-based DHA, D2, and B12 supps.

You can search pubned for

chemotherapy cancer diet

or cancer raw vegetables

or that sort of thing

to see what is out there.

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

Also discuss it with your doctors. Don't tell them you want to be 100% raw, some of them will think it is kooky, just say you want to incorporate more raw vegetables and fruits in your diet.

also read this, esp. table 1
[cebp.aacrjournals.org]

and this:
[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

and this:
[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

Date: October 26, 2008 02:11AM

Thanks Arugula. I've been dealing with this thing for so long that its not scary and I never feel sorry for myself.
I'm following the phased diet in the Rainbow Green Live-Food Cuisine, written by Gabriel Cousens. I'm going to pretty well stick to that.

I never tell my doctor anything. He thinks his drugs have been keeping me alive, but he knows nothing about the things I do for myself, nor does he ask.

I was macrobiotic for a while and found it (and the practitioners) to be totally unsuitable for me. I actually love the raw food diet, and I'm simply hoping that it achieves great results. Unfortunately, there isn't the billions of dollars spent on studying nutrition as there is on chemotherapy. There just isn't a lot of money to be made in sea vegetables. Nevertheless, I will continue the quest.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: October 26, 2008 02:19AM

Edited

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2008 02:28AM by EZ rider.

Date: October 26, 2008 03:09AM

These are good, too, about lowering IGF-1, which is an aside from the protective substances in fruits and vegetables.

It isn't causal, but there is a relationship.

[news.bbc.co.uk]

[www.ajcn.org]

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: October 27, 2008 01:58AM

UB, Read the book "The Cure for All Diseases" by Hulda and follow the advice on environmental clean up and parasite zapping.

You will want to eliminate all sugar (can use dates, Agave, raw organic unfiltered honey), all white flour, eliminate any aluminum pots/pans/cookware/drinkware/antiperspirant.

You might want to start eating alkalizing foods (this includes most raw foods) and get a hold of a PawPaw derivative to eliminate the cancer from your body. You can also eat raw organic apricot seeds.

My friend had cancer in the abdominal regional and he cured himself with the above. He has helped others overcome their cancer with the same.

Wishing you great health. Therese

Posted by: musicbebe ()
Date: October 27, 2008 09:43PM

Uncle_Bykel,

Have you read the China Study? I believe the book is a must read for any raw foodist and especially anyone who has cancer. The book is FULL of extremely well-documented studies that show in part that:

) People in countries/regions that eat a predominantly plant-based diet have HUGELY lower to ZERO rates of cancer, compared to those who consume a diet with a significant amount of animal products.

2.) Two groups of rats were exposed to Aflatoxin, one of the most highly carcinogenic compounds known. One group of rats was fed a diet that included 20 percent of the milk protein casein and the other group of rats was fed a diet that was vegan. 100 percent of the rats in the group that ate the diet containing animal products got cancer and ZERO percent of the rats in the group that ate a vegan diet got cancer. Americans typically consume a diet that includes approximately 20 percent animal products.

3.) Studies on human cells showed that cancer cell growth could be started and stopped based on what those cells were fed. Further tests indicate that a diet including up to 5 percent animal product had no effect on cancer cell growth, but that as the animal product intake increasing beyond that, the rate of cancer growth increased in proportion to that.

4) In conclusion, based on these and many, MANY other studies that are documented in this book, genes and environmental factors can determine what type of cancer or illness you are likely to get, but your diet will determine whether or not you fall ill to them.

I gave away my copy of that book, so I may not have explained this information in the most articulate way. Here is a link to info on the book : [www.thechinastudy.com]

The book talks a lot about cancer and I believe it discusses conventional treatments versus dietary ones. The book doesn't focus on 100 percent raw foods, but does make the point that simply drasticaly reducing or eliminating animal products will stop the cancer from growing. Many raw foodists use the science from the China Study as a starting point for why the raw food diet is so healthy. On top of eliminating animal products, a raw food diet provides SO much EXCELLENT nutrition to hasten the healing that your body needs to undergo.

Being that you are already famililiar with the raw food diet, you may already know all about this, but some people who are into raw foods may still be eating animal products occasionally (some sushi eaters consider themselves raw foodists); so it is important to be aware of the harm in consuming meat and dairy.

I believe there may be some more specific answers to your question in "The China Study."

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 28, 2008 12:50PM

hi uncle bykel

i'm proud of you
you are already winning
continue on your path
ceaselessly seeking and modifying
and you will increasingly attract more health to you

i'm cheering for you!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables