Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Steamers
Posted by: RocketShip ()
Date: November 10, 2008 04:44AM

I want to switch from my plastic electric steamer to a healthier version. Does anyone have a brand of electric steamer that is not plastic? Or aluminum?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Steamers
Posted by: fruitgirl ()
Date: November 10, 2008 03:34PM

Posted by: cocoa_nibs ()
Date: November 10, 2008 07:31PM

LOL, fruitgirl!!!!

But seriously, I got a wonderful steamer from an Asian store a while back. All it is is three basket-like sort of things that you stack on top of each other over any bigger pot that you put some water in. A lid goes on top, so you have three separate compartments. The steam goes through the bamboo grid all the way up to the third compartment. The thing cost 10$ and is completely natural. A while a go I burnt it unfortunately, couldnt get the smell of burnt off of it and havent been able to find it again. Anyone know what I am talking about? These things rock!

Posted by: RocketShip ()
Date: November 10, 2008 09:11PM

Funny Fruitgirl. Still plastic, though. smiling smiley

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: November 11, 2008 01:59AM

fruitgirl yer a scream lol smiling smiley

cocoa i think you mean the stackable bamboo steamers smiling smiley theyre awesome to use for sure .. i always see them everywhere in chinese stores they dont seem to hard to source smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables