Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Biorhythm
Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: October 28, 2008 05:48PM

I was just wondering if anyone is living in sync with the natural biorhythm clock. The things that have occurred to me so far are about getting all of your sleep when its dark and being awake when its daylight. Also eating only during daylight hours and water fasting during night time hours. I am wondering if there are any benefits to being in harmony with the natural clock, especially when it comes to getting a good nights sleep. Any thoughts appreciated ;-)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Biorhythm
Posted by: cocoa_nibs ()
Date: October 28, 2008 10:50PM

Yes. I have Doc's orders to avoid daylight lamps and any sort of screens (computer, TV) three hours before bed time. And to use darkening curtains and get rid of all night lights (alarm clock etc). It works wonders for my sleep when i do it. The pinneal gland is responsible for sensing light and dark. And of course all the hormones like a regular and balanced schedule of things.
So, yes, I believe there are many benefits in being in balance with the circadian rhythms

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: October 30, 2008 01:06AM

Yes! A few months ago I was reading that waking at dawn can be very beneficial to overall energy & mood... I've always been a late sleeper but one day I forced myself to get up and go running... after that I got in the habit and felt terrific (I've always exercised but usually in the evening). I LOVE morning cardio now - even having to do it in the gym doesnt bother me, because there's no one there! I want to stick to the early mornings, I cant explain it but it does feel different and better.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 01, 2008 04:17PM

When I do the early-to-bed, early-to-rise thing I feel much better. That's for sure.

Posted by: Meditating ()
Date: November 01, 2008 05:24PM

Would you mind sharing what type of doctor told you this and what prompted the recommendation? Was it a response to a specific set of symptoms/concerns or was it offered as general advice?

Thanks for any response.

Date: November 02, 2008 07:52PM

Meditating, it was a Naturopathic Doctor. Symptoms are depression, fatigue, mentsrual issues.

There are adrenal and thyroid problems as well, adn I am trying to get off thyroid hormones.

Posted by: Meditating ()
Date: November 02, 2008 10:36PM

I have all the same issues. I thought I might try a water/juice fast and see if I can reboot myself before trying other options. If you have success with anything please let me know.

Date: November 03, 2008 04:54AM

Meditating,
I certainly will!
good luck, please share how that goes!

A fast like that would be too xtreme for me right now, i have always found sudden and extreme shifts in eating to be very taxing on my nerves as well as physiology. I wish you much success with it!

I am on the fence for a juice feast, that seems more doable for me.

I am taking come supplements (called ADAPT) to help my adrenals, as well as Armour and Cytomel, which i cant go of of right now unfortunately.
A good resource for thyroid and adrenal issues is the natural thyroid hormones group on yahoo.

Posted by: RawSun ()
Date: November 13, 2008 03:49PM

Where I live the days are getting quite short already. There is only day light from 8am to 5:15pm. I don't think it would be reasonable for me to only eat during those hours, and to sleep during all of the dark hours! I'd end up eating for 9hours a day and sleeping for 15!! And the days are getting shorter still!

Sunflower
Raw Food Chef and Writer
Comfortably Raw
[www.comfortablyraw.com]

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: November 13, 2008 04:23PM

I'd end up eating for 9 hours a day and sleeping for 15

How about eating during the daylight hours and sleeping about 8 hours during the darkness hours. Possibly going to bed around 10:00 pm and waking up about 6:00 am with a natural wake up. Note: it may be necessary to "roll over" if you wake up before getting a full nights sleep.

Posted by: RocketShip ()
Date: November 13, 2008 08:26PM

During the winter when the days are short and I have to get up when it is still dark, I use a daylight alarm, also called dawn simulator / sunrise clock. Light starts coming on dim a half hour before I need to get up and then gradually increases in brightness. I usually wake up about 5-10 minutes after the light starts turning on. It tricks my body into thinking that it is natural morning light. I couldn't survive winter without it!

[neildixon.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables