Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Flu...
Date: November 16, 2008 01:31PM

My boyfriend has really bad flu at the moment.

What fruits/juices can I recommend to him? The less fuss the better? He's been having trouble sleeping, having to wake up during the night to clear his throat etc?

(Flu's doing its rounds at the moment- I was ill for only one day! Yayyy!).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Flu...
Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: November 16, 2008 03:31PM

We had it go around here. We ate a lot of citrus and pomegranites, whole and not juiced. Ginger/lemon tea worked wonders for all of the sickies. Hope he makes a speedy recovery! Good for you, fighting it off so well smiling smiley!

Posted by: iLIVE ()
Date: November 16, 2008 03:56PM

just look for fruit high in antioxidants; try to get more vitamin D - sitting in the sun always helps; and also vitamin C plays in handy, found in many things like broccoli, strawberries, mango, etc. Google.

i'm pretty sure pomegranate is one thing thats known for antioxidants..hm..that would be a fall fruit for you

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: November 16, 2008 05:27PM

I like fresh squeezed orange juice. Its quick and easy to make and has plenty of vitamin C.

Posted by: luvyuu ()
Date: November 16, 2008 11:53PM

my flu cure has always been to take one clove of garlic 3 to 4 times a day...chop it up and swallow with water... don't try to eat it... it's too strong... do a vitamin C flush... using pure vit c crystals.... there are several ways to do it... take 1tsp every 15 minutes till your bowels run clear... or ever 1/2 hour... or every hour... how ever you wish... it works like a charm... the garlic is a natural antibiotic/viral/bacterial/parasite/vampires... the vit c attaches itself to the icky stuff and draggs it out of your system...

blessing on your healing
love laugh and dream

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: November 17, 2008 04:43AM

The best thing for the flu is lots of rest and sleep. If you must eat, then eat lightly. But if possible, don't eat, just drink water until you are healed. And stay in bed until the symptoms have passed.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables