Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Persimmons!!!
Date: November 23, 2008 05:04PM

I finally got to try a proper ripe squishy persimmon (after having giving up on 'sharon fruit' after many bad, astringent experiences).

It was awesome! Kind of like some kind of aromatic orange-y mango-y jelly type fleshy stuff.

I'm glad I didn't give up on it :-)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Persimmons!!!
Posted by: ecjames1120 ()
Date: November 23, 2008 05:34PM

When they are ripe to the point of practically falling apart in your hands, they're an EXCELLENT dessert! Persimmons for Thanksgiving. Yay!

Posted by: cy ()
Date: November 23, 2008 10:27PM

persimmons with bananas,and some almonds is an amazing smoothie.
hei suspendedinfinitely,great blog. Looks like you like star wars.
Be the raw force with you!!!!!

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: November 24, 2008 03:22AM

What takes them SO long to ripen? >.< What is the trick? Boxes, bags, bananas...?

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: November 24, 2008 03:26AM

hehe i know how you feel about eating that *PERFECTLY* ripe fruit

i used to hate papayas .. till i had fresh ones in asia ...and OMG what a difference ...then i came home an had the crappy underripe/overripe or just plain low quality ones here and i cant eat them they just dont taste the same smiling smiley

Posted by: ecjames1120 ()
Date: November 25, 2008 02:21AM

I got a box of persimmons from a global mart near my house and only one or two of them were ripe. I've been keeping them on the floor, somewhat close to the heater vent (not enough to make them warm, but warmer than the rest of the house), and I also put a thick towel over them so they are dark and warm. They're ripening a little faster, but still incredibly slow for some reason. (Maybe we could try adding some already super ripe fruit near them?)

Posted by: cherimoya ()
Date: November 25, 2008 02:24AM

I am finishing off one box and waiting for the others to ripen it takes a while for them to ripen but it is well worth it enjoy.

Cherimoya,

Love Peace and Happiness,

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables