Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Does All Water Come In Plastic?
Posted by: wendysmiling ()
Date: November 21, 2008 05:58PM

I don't want to buy plastic bottles and am getting a stainless bottle to carry my water in, but what to fill it with? Even Ozaka 5gal bottles no longer come in glass and are all plastic. Are we doomed to any water we drink having plastic chemical leached into it?

WendySmiling in Oklahoma
www.16weeks2health.blogspot.com
12/17/10.......240/155/125

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does All Water Come In Plastic?
Posted by: zanjabil ()
Date: November 21, 2008 06:36PM

We have a filter on our faucet, which eliminates the problem of plastic.

Posted by: iLIVE ()
Date: November 21, 2008 07:52PM

not all plastics leach into water; you watch out for certain BPA containing plastics; i think i fyou google it there is a number to look for inside the little recycling arrow sign that tells you whether or not to buy that plastic.

i started refilling in a stainless bottle too, rather then plastic - but i do get my spring water from plastic. i think my dads planning on getting a water filter though, just so we don't have to recycle/waste all this plastic we get from the spring water. tap water SUCKS in nc

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: November 21, 2008 10:05PM

i bought these .. they are working out great smiling smiley

[www.aquasana.com]

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: November 21, 2008 10:17PM

i found these on the internet too [sesen.ca] of course you still come under the dilema where to get your water from smiling smiley

Posted by: SurfinBird ()
Date: November 22, 2008 04:57AM

I just put tap water through a Brita filter. The container that the water sits in is out of any heat source is constantly being poured and refilled, I don't think a very large amount of plastic byproduct would show up if my drinking water were tested. The Brita containers are also made out of a different plastic than the polycarbonate bottles that were all over the news because of BPA.

In my opinion this is the best way to get your water, short of purchasing a million (glass) bottles of spring water or going directly to a uncontaminated spring near where you live. Most of the other home filtration systems are quite expensive and complex.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2008 04:57AM by SurfinBird.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 25, 2008 08:29AM

My mom just gave me a wand for my water. I do not understand how it works scientifically, but it does make the water taste good. Even so, I buy the plastic containers of distilled water since I am detoxing and notice distilled especially helps with that. You might consider getting a distiller, but even then you may need to filter it. I will probably do this eventually.
Bonni

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: November 26, 2008 10:26PM

hey bonni

i want a magic wand for my water too

is it an ozonizer or ionizer thing?

am interested

ask ur mmom about the wand for me, okay?

Posted by: liberation ()
Date: November 26, 2008 11:16PM

where do you live? because the up side of the down side of living in colder, wetter regions is the availability of nature's optimal water from the sky or ground, before some corp. puts it in plastic for profit. then you take that free/pure/healthy water and decant it into glass bottles. failing that, some regions such as where i reside have companies that deliver in glass, for eg. "mountain valley water".

hope that helps a little in your wonderful quest for improved health and wellbeing:O)

love and liberation

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables