Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Honey
Posted by: Kombaiyashii ()
Date: November 25, 2008 10:26AM

I've seen that there's some controversy regarding honey...What are your thoughts on it?

I've tried to search for older posts regarding honey but couldn't find any...could anyone link me to them?

Thanks,

Komby fkin wosname

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Honey
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: November 25, 2008 02:30PM

Kombaiyashii Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've seen that there's some controversy regarding
> honey...What are your thoughts on it?
I saw David Wolfe (SunFood.com) on a YouTube saying
that he eats Honey, and if Ants get into his honey, he just eats
them too. I'd say Honey is food for Bees, and Man should only eat
it on rare occasions (like celebrating a birthday, etc.).....WY

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: November 25, 2008 03:07PM

Ha ha.....Hi komby fkin wosname.

There have been many threads on honey. I haven't been able to find old threads in months. I guess there is a problem with "search."

We eat honey. I don't consider it vegan and I revisit my personal debate to eat it often.

I have an ongoing battle within myself about where it is appropriate to draw the killing line. Obviously if we eat plants right out of our organic garden we are eating millions of micro-organisms and even some big ones. But that is natural. I live in the country and I have to drive my car on country highways and sometimes I kill so many bugs. Not natural. At night if it has rained I will be dodging frogs and I don't always miss them. I stress over burning all the debris in my yard from the hurricanes because of the bugs that live in the dead wood. I think I could live the highest moral life that I believe in but I would have to isolate myself and my family by not driving. I would not have most things that are in my home now, including the computer I am typing on. I think i could possibly drive myself crazy. I don't even know if I could survive trying to live that way.

Sorry....back to the honey. At this point my thought is this: I think bugs die when we eat our natural diet. I don't think it is wrong or immoral when a lion eats a zebra and I don't think it is wrong when a bear kills bees while reaching for honey and I don't think it is wrong when humans do either.

Honey is medicinal for me. I don't need it as often now, but it relieved me from so many allergies that I was able to clear my head for the first time in my life. It helped remedy so many allergies that I was able to pinpoint many other allergies.

I know some people feel strongly about this subject. There is absolutely no reason why this topic can not be discussed with respect for every one's views and opinions. It is an important subject in the raw community because there are many who consume honey and many who don't within the community. A respectful debate is always helpful in creating change or tolerance.

Peace,
kise'

Posted by: iLIVE ()
Date: November 25, 2008 03:15PM

i definitely don't eat it, but i think if you're going to eat it, and you care about the bees, you should try to get the best quality, local, know the bee farmer, and try to make sure his bees are well kept and not effecting the overall drop in bee population that we are experiencing..
kind of like if you're going to eat eggs, make sure they're organic and free range..you know? And know the farmer..same thing. But don't go out and buy the mass produced honey.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: November 25, 2008 08:11PM

If you think it is a healthy thing - then go for it!

Remember that this is a vegan board, so many responses will probably be that folks avoid it. Personally, I avoid it. My own personal morality/opinion and health stand is to avoid using animals for food or products as much as possible. I don't regard it as being healthy for the animals (main thing) myself or the environment. Just my take.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: liberation ()
Date: November 26, 2008 02:01AM

so people, the question here is whether to, or not to consume bee vomit, that as designated by mature is food for bees, to kill them, or at best, destroy/disturb their precious eco-systems and rob THEIR hard toiled-for honey, that is clearly toxic to humyns, which "pakd4fun/kise", is precisely why it works as a "band aid", in the same way, all drugs "work", by poisoning our bodies into distraction - hygiene 101 circa 1830, and so now his royal raw wolfeliness is "out there" quoffing honey and ant cocktails - reeeeaaaally, is anyone still seriously taking notice of this cacao addled product$$$ du jour huckster, who granted, was once many years ago on the simple/truthful track with nfl book one, albeit that the raw word was already in print?

so ok, bee food or chicken embryos, cow or fish, or with all manner of toxic choices in every waking moment of every day, why do we humyns insist on getting it wrong SOOOOO routinely???

hubris, disturbed minds, fear of being one's best, anthropocentrism, tongue taste, emotional yearning, attachment, habit, lack of awareness, "i can destroy, so i will", belief over knowledge, rationale, science, sophistry, ego, self-sabotage, denial, delusion, distraction, disempowerment, dishonesty etc. etc. etc.....

whatever the reason ??????....when, oh when, will we just accept who we are : humyn animals, and that nature's simple plan for us to thrive is sooooooo 'kin simple, blindingly obvious, IF we were willing to just shut the k'up and BE humyns...

am i pontificating from my lofty perch, practicing perfection every moment of my days?

jeez no, however, the momentum IS accelerated and positive, and f'sure, i do not delude myself for long with my, (or other's) fear-fulelled nonsense anymore.

my truth filter is on red alert at all times, and i know immediately when i have deviated from nature's path.

pleasant dreams people, keep it light and bright!

big gob:O)

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: November 26, 2008 03:44AM

liberation Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
hygiene 101 circa 1830, and so now
> his royal raw wolfeliness is "out there" quoffing
> honey and ant cocktails - reeeeaaaally, is anyone
> still seriously taking notice of this cacao addled
> product$$$ du jour huckster, who granted, was once
> many years ago on the simple/truthful track with
> nfl book one, albeit that the raw word was already
> in print?

have you ever approached david wolfe about your concerns? you know ranting and raving about it here from one thread to the next really isnt gonna do much as pretty much nobody here really pays attention to what david wolfe is doing, not doing, or doing in some weird way smiling smiley

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: November 26, 2008 04:09AM

Kombai this is a good vegan website about honey and bees [www.vegetus.org]

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: November 26, 2008 07:55AM

Liberation I like your ending 'Keep it light and bright'

but you don't practise what you preach!!!

Date: November 26, 2008 11:47AM

hey "honey" :O)))))

...as with seemingly, most humyns, i all too routinely live in my disturbed, rather than my happy mind. i keenly observe that the daytime hours, (when humyns are designed to be awake), are the ones where i tend to be light and bright, and in the dark, (when humyns are designed to be asleep), i can veer of down some negative sideroads. last night i was sounding off well past dreamtime, so sincere apologies to you, and others, and many thanks for the reminder k, i must look you up sometime on my travels you wise, young soul...

lightness and brightnessyawning smiley)

Date: November 26, 2008 01:15PM

sorry, i meant, thank you flipperjan!

Posted by: iLIVE ()
Date: November 27, 2008 02:01AM

actually all people contain a natural circadian rhythm that some feel is due to our natural ancestors - some had to stay awake at night to watch for predators. just throwing that out there

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables