Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

GM food in America
Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: November 25, 2008 09:46PM

Hi
I am currently watching a really worrying program. It would seem that so much food in America is genetically modified and that there is no labelling to tell you what is and what isn't.

It would seem that European consumer pressure against GM has really worked. It's pratically impossible to find any GM products in supermarkets in England and where it is it is really clearly labelled. Thank goodness.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: GM food in America
Posted by: loeve ()
Date: November 26, 2008 02:11AM

Required GM labeling, like that in the EU would help a lot in America, where only the "certified organic" label is protective..

.. like mandatory trans-fat labeling is irradicating that ingredient!

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: November 26, 2008 02:58AM

Yeah, it's pretty scary. That's one big reason I only eat organic -- it's not allowed to be GMO. I worked on a campaign to get rid of it in the county where I lived, but there were too many big money farmers who bought the election.

Posted by: Kit ()
Date: November 27, 2008 03:50PM

Here is a helpful site but it is just for California. You are not alone, many people worry about GE foods but don't know what to do.
Kit
[www.calgefree.org]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables