Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

fave wild local uk greens?
Posted by: liberation ()
Date: November 28, 2008 01:20AM

anyone in the west of britain?

i have booked a wild green foraging session with a local, experienced in gathering fresh from the windswept, wintry woods, fields n hedgerows of cornwall...

however, though well-intentioned and wild/fresh guided, they do not eat raw/vegan, so is there anyone here who also gathers fresh from nature in this area and eats raw, who can tell me their view of what wild green plants taste good, or not?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: fave wild local uk greens?
Posted by: Ariel55 ()
Date: November 28, 2008 08:14AM

Liberation Who are you doing your wild foraging with.

This lady is amazing, as she grew up learning this stuff, and does wild foraging sessions, she only charges £15.00 a day and is extremely knowledgeable. She also is an artist who paints with everything she finds from the earth. [www.wildhearth.co.uk]

I went on a one a few years ago, but I can't remember the names of all the plants, althoug I remember what they look like. Young dandelion tastes nice. Many of the other greens were very mild. I quite like the bitter ones too though

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2008 08:19AM by Ariel55.

Re: fave wild local uk greens?
Posted by: liberation ()
Date: November 28, 2008 11:35AM

i am in north cornwall for a few months but i will research this person you mention. my contact is rachel lambert from penzance at 60 pounds for 2 hours. i am ok about the money as i have been on a short intro with her and it was my choice to go 1 on 1 for enhanced clarity and focus. she will split the cost across a large group if required.

any more local fresh foraging knowledge you can recall would be welcome, but please note that my focus and inspiration is not nutrients and supposed detoxing, but taste and what humyns would naturally eat or what would attract us? of course this is a difficult one as our species is not designed, bio-equipped or adapted to live here in western europe.

many thanks for taking the time to respond.

(ps. just last night i was thinking that it would be really nice and potentially inspiring, to have a gathering of cornwall/devon based compassionate raw/vegan truth seekers such as yourself, flipperjan, ruth allen in truro, perhaps some of the cornish funky raw crew...any others you know? your thoughts on the idea?)

love n light,
c

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables