Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

one meal a day
Posted by: paulieGB ()
Date: November 29, 2008 06:54PM

hello,

I am going to try and eat just one meal a day for a while and see how i get on.
I think it will be great for my health, and after a little while will stop all the cravings for food i get every second of the day.

The question is =

What would you eat if you was only going to eat ONE meal a day ?

I want to make sure i am getting everything i need (minerals, aminos, e.t.c).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: one meal a day
Posted by: Meditating ()
Date: November 29, 2008 07:02PM

I did this for almost a year and it went well. I wasn't raw at the time. As a result, I ate less and lost weight but felt more satisfied when I ate.

I ate my meal at dinner but drank plenty of mineral water daily. I always ate exactly what I wanted so I never felt deprived. For me, this was key.

If you want to eat raw or any degree of raw, you might want to consider sticking with the same foods you eat now but arranging your meals so you get a balance of nutrients throughout the week rather than day. This is something that often has to be done with finicky babies to ensure proper nutrition.

I hope you have good luck with your test drive. Not having to fuss with food as often is wonderful.

Posted by: RusticBohemian ()
Date: November 29, 2008 08:36PM

I usually do two meals a day with no snacks, but I find when I'm doing a lot of running that I can't take in enough calories and I need to add a third meal.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: November 29, 2008 10:02PM

I graze through my day eating frequent small meals because I find that most fresh raw fruits and veggies don't "stick to the ribs" and leave me wanting to eat again soon.

Posted by: cy ()
Date: November 29, 2008 11:06PM

I eat breakfast that it is a huge smoothie or a green juice and lunch.
Is that one meal a day?
Lately I just want to have liquids.I'm not doing well with anything else but liquids. I ate some flax crackers with hummus today for lunch and it didn't agree with me,gave me some headache.So I had some digestive enzymes for it.
So,PaulieGB,what would be one meal a day?It would have a liquid too? (smoothie and or green juice?)

Date: November 30, 2008 02:41PM

One meal is one meal,
no snacks or smothies or juices.

I think im going to try and spit the meal into a starter and main,
so today i will start with melon and then prep my large kale and fruit salad.
and make sure i leave 15 mins gap inbetween the melon and salad.
it will probably take 10 mins to make the salad anyway.

Posted by: iLIVE ()
Date: November 30, 2008 03:44PM

i do two meals with large amounts of food, and its STILL hard to get all the calories

of course you'll loose weight if you don't eat enough calories, but that's not necessarily healthy, and i think that's what we're trying for herrreee..isn't itt

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 30, 2008 04:36PM

Good luck on your experiment.
If I only ate one meal a day,it would be a big salad with sprouts and seeds on top.Very filling.

Brian

Date: November 30, 2008 05:49PM

my aim is for health NOT weight loss.

Wouldn't sprouts and seeds with salad be high in fat ?
I mean you can't eat fruit with that salad if you put seeds on it, right ?
Would a higher fat diet be ok if im just eating one meal a day ?

i do like the sound of a large savery salad with lots of seeds and sprouts, im sure that would be very filling and stop cravings for all the sweet stuff.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: November 30, 2008 06:58PM

Why not eat just what your body is craving as long as its fresh and raw ? That removes the SAD addiction cravings and provides a 100% all fresh raw diet. Now combine eating raw with waiting for a slight return of hunger signal and eating just enough to achieve comfort without over eating and thats what I do. The result is small fresh raw meals (mostly mono meals) that are delivered to my body just on time in just the right amount consisting of all live foods.

Date: November 30, 2008 11:35PM

well i dont think thats a good idea and i doesn't work for me.
fasting is good for us and increases our natural growth hormone which keeps us young and healthy.

Posted by: liberation ()
Date: December 01, 2008 01:06AM

hey pauliegb, i find your intent, clarity and focus to be quite well guided, and shall follow the posts along your path with interest. you seem to acknowledge the vital values of creating space, quietening oneself on all levels, and that food is way down the list of prioritised humyn needs. i would just encourage you to enhance the freshness factor in your raw food choices.

love n liberation,
c

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: December 01, 2008 01:13AM

one meal a day. All day,no juice?

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: December 01, 2008 09:28PM

I agree with RB. Two meals works best. I'm currently having
Citrus Juice at 8am and a Green Smoothie at 2pm.....WY

Posted by: roxeli ()
Date: December 01, 2008 10:11PM

My concern with one meal a day is, would that create blood sugar spikes? Your sugar could become low and then suddenly spike after you eat. Are you doing this short term and resting all day as done with a fast? Because if you have to go about regular daily activities on one meal, you might not be getting enough calories for the amount of activity you'll be doing.

I don't understand how eating one meal a day will contribute to good health. Can you meet your vitamin, mineral, and enzyme requirements for the day with just one meal? I've never done one meal but I would imagine that eventually my body would require more food and I would probably end up binging. I'm less likely to binge when I eat small but frequent meals of juices, smoothies, salads, fresh fruits, raw nuts and seeds, etc.

Interesting though. Please keep us updated on your experiment.

Posted by: ksmanthey ()
Date: December 01, 2008 10:58PM

I am also interested to see how this works and wish you the best of luck! If it proves to not work out for you however, I was thinking that maybe a very regimented diet might work. What if, for example, you allowed yourself exactly one green smoothie for breakfast and this other meal? Whatever your cravings, mental issues, etc. couldn't change it: a strict routine? Or you could calculate a perfect diet on fit day, write it down, do that and that only. Just an idea!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables