Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

week 2 of raw
Posted by: Jake6 ()
Date: December 02, 2008 04:22PM

Tomorrow will be 2 weeks on 100% raw. I have added about a quart of green smoothies in the last week. Everything about the same. Have not noticed any differences. I do know it has to be a healthier way to eat. I have not had any healing crisis that I noticed. Have not noticed any difference in sleep patterns, or energy levels. Like I said in my 1 week post, I was not sick when I started this adventure. Was thinking I might need to take in some fats. Just basically on fresh fruits and a quart of green smoothies a day. I do get cravings for foods at night. Would really like a deli sandwich or some meat at times. Will post if anything interesting happens. My smoothies are spinach, romaine lettuce,a banana and a peeled apple. Smoothie is very doable.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: week 2 of raw
Posted by: SurfinBird ()
Date: December 02, 2008 05:35PM

Good job Jake.

Yes, you definitely need a certain amount of fat if you are not consuming fat right now. Omega 3s and 6s are essential nutrients of which our body is not capable of producing on it's own and will otherwise produce disease symptoms if they are lacking.

Usually your skin will be the first indicator as to whether or not you're getting enough fat, because for most people it will start to dry out and crack when omega 3 is lacking.

Good sources of fat on a raw food diet include, flax and hemp oil, any other cold pressed unprocessed oils like extra virgin olive and coconut oil, raw nuts, avocados etc.

Good luck, keep us updated!

Posted by: Kombaiyashii ()
Date: December 02, 2008 06:54PM

Nice work...Have you looked at your tongue? Do you have a white coating? That is an indicator of a detox.

Posted by: iLIVE ()
Date: December 02, 2008 07:18PM

i'm tired of people saying white tongue is a detox

it could be something dangerous, so don't think of it always as a detox; i didn't get a white tongue when i did all raw for a month

Posted by: Kombaiyashii ()
Date: December 02, 2008 07:55PM

iLIVE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i'm tired of people saying white tongue is a
> detox
>
> it could be something dangerous, so don't think of
> it always as a detox; i didn't get a white tongue
> when i did all raw for a month

Before raw food, I fasted a lot...I have done two 28 day fasts, four 10 day fasts and countless others less than ten days...Always my tongue went from red to coated and then after I break my fast it would go back to red. After the second 28 day fast, my tongue actually cleared up almost completely at about the 15th day.

Now when I eat raw, it gets coated, when I don't, the coating is much less...Along with some personal insights, I believe this to be good evidence that when my tongue is coating that it's a symptom of me detoxing.

Others may be different.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2008 07:57PM by Kombaiyashii.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: December 02, 2008 08:20PM

i'm tired of people saying white tongue is a detox

It is my experience that a white tongue is a symptom of the body detoxing by pushing toxins out via the tongue.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables