Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

new and need help
Posted by: mtrddog ()
Date: November 25, 2008 11:51PM

Well I got the results of the test, the good is that the urine was clean and they feel I passed a kidney stone (my wife and I were thinking thats what happened) but still the bad news again was that while looking at my blood they say I have diebities and that I have to see the docotor as to what to do next , I already know what to do next , I have been eating fruits and vegies and Green Foods in the morinig drink and I'm starting to Juice carrots in the morning also , my question is how do I manage with some of the sweeter fruits ??? thanks sebastian

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: new and need help
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: November 26, 2008 12:03AM

In my experience, so-called sweet fruit does not have the same effect on blood sugar as processed sugars and carbs. You can test this for yourself. Start by a day of just eating low-glycemic fruits like these:

Cherries Low 22
Grapefruit Low 25
Apples Low 38
Pears Low 38
Plums Low 39
Peaches Low 42
Oranges Low 44
Grapes Low 46
Kiwi fruit Low 53
Bananas Low 54

-Test your blood sugar and see how you do. Most unprocessed vegetables are going to be quite low.

-If you are overweight, I would suggest a program that is right for YOU to bring your weight into line over a course of 6 months.

-Just some tips.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: mtrddog ()
Date: November 26, 2008 01:59AM

thanks this helps me also , and I'm getting the right eating diet for me thanks again sebastian

Posted by: meganbubbs ()
Date: November 26, 2008 04:49PM

Cinnamon might be good for you, it has something that helps regulate blood sugar.

Posted by: iLIVE ()
Date: November 27, 2008 01:57PM

believe me, it is allll about leaving out ALL processed sugar.. There definitely is a huge difference between sugar and the sugar in bananas and dates (two very sweet fruits) .
I was only eating sugar added in foods like cereals (blindly of course; thanks american food producers..), and I had this extra weight on me that was so annoying and i could not figure out how to get rid of it. I am almost certain the extra sugar was apart of it, because when i stopped eating the cereals and stuff with added "evaporated cane juice" i just balanced my weight out easily..and i eat a lot of dates and bananas. smiling smiley I'm not saying you should, since you have insulin resistance, i'm just saying you will not get the same effect as processed white sugar when you eat a banana or date. So enjoy your fruit..see if it makes a difference for you and share about it so maybe I can get more evidence to see if this is the case? We all can. sweeeet

i hope all the best in your favor and that you can be cured of the disease

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: November 27, 2008 03:50PM

mtrddog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well I got the results of the test, the good is
> that the urine was clean and they feel I passed a
> kidney stone (my wife and I were thinking thats
> what happened) but still the bad news again was
> that while looking at my blood they say I have
> diebities and that I have to see the docotor as to
> what to do next , I already know what to do next ,
> I have been eating fruits and vegies and Green
> Foods in the morinig drink and I'm starting to
> Juice carrots in the morning also , my question is
> how do I manage with some of the sweeter fruits
> ??? thanks sebastian

i wouldn't recommend carrot juice.

whole fruits and veggies recommended

also go on the raw vegsource board and ask robby barbaro who has diabetes about his experience.

Posted by: iLIVE ()
Date: November 27, 2008 04:45PM

I'd like to make a statement that whole foods are not always the only way to go - even chimpanzees are known to literally "juice" their greens and discard the pulp if they do not wish for the extra fiber.

I wouldn't live off of juice, but don't feel guilty about juicing a carrot if you like carrot juice.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: November 27, 2008 05:33PM

problem is typical quantities that people drink of carrot juice, but i would agree ok if not going overboard. big difference between that and the chimps.

point is that carrot juice can be more of a problem especially for diabetics because of lack of fiber, compared to whole fruits, and sebastian seemingly not aware of that.

Posted by: loeve ()
Date: November 27, 2008 06:37PM

Regarding fiber, Elaine LaLanne, in her book Total Juicing (1992) in the preface:

"... Pulp is a wonderful storehouse of health-restoring, body-cleansing fiber...
Jack has now been juicing for seven decades. He says: 'Juicing can be the fountain of youth that helps you nourish your river of life..."

Total Juicing where part or all of the fiber may be consumed
has been practiced by me ever since getting my juicer.
The juice makes a good dressing to add back, and a lot of
the pulps can be beautiful to start with.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: December 04, 2008 11:21PM

mtrddog,

Remember to get plenty of leafy greens, juiced or whole, tart berries, kelp, and spirulina into your diet. Watch your B vitamin levels; diabetics do not need an excess of these, as they can interfere with insulin production. Victoria Boutenko got into raw foods because her son was diagnosed with Type II diabetes and she was afraid to put him on insulin(very hard on the kidneys). Her books are available at Amazon and elsewhere. Also, there is a wonderful documentary film; I think it's called "30 Days." It's about a small group of diabetics who heal themselves using a raw regimen at, I believe, the Tree of Life Institute in Arizona. I'm sorry I don't recall more about it. Good luck on your journey to health. Keep us posted.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: December 05, 2008 12:01AM

I like to keep things as simple and easy with as few rules as possible. I eat & drink anything I want so long as it is fresh raw. I listen to my body as my coach and I try not to over eat or let myself get to hungry as I have found that venturing into either of these areas can lead me to pig out. Thats it - simple and EZ.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables