Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Update on 2 weeks raw
Posted by: Jake6 ()
Date: December 03, 2008 06:06PM

I did not realize that I had lost as much weight as I havta pair of Jeans that i have not worn in a while and they fit. I did not feel like I had lost that much weight. Thought I had lost some, but evidently I have lost more than I thought. I have been on diets before but this weight loss is different somehow. Got another question, I have searched aro nd the net and not found a answer for this. I was not expecting this either. Things on a personal note do not work as well as they did. Yea, the private stuff. I sure hope this is a temporary thing from eating raw foods.
I have read where things got better, but I have taken a turn for the worse since going on raw.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Update on 2 weeks raw
Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: December 04, 2008 12:36AM

Congrats on the weight loss, Jake! about the other, I'm a girl and can't help ya there -- sorry.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: December 04, 2008 12:39AM

err do mean you are having bowel movement problems, urinary problems or male potency problems?

sorry if thats blunt but your not entirely clear on what your problem is tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: iLIVE ()
Date: December 04, 2008 01:42AM

make sure you're getting enough calories...you really don't want your body to think it's starving sad smiley if you feel bad, that might be why

i definitely dropped weight quick because It was so hard to eat so many calories; and since i've learned to eat more concentrated food (with more calories) and more of it so that I try to meet my caloric needs..still trying to figure out my diet though

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: December 04, 2008 04:18AM

Frequent urination is normal in the beginning, as raw foods are 80-90% water. Bowel movements from science fiction novels are normal, too. tongue sticking out smiley These functions normalize with time.

If you mean other *private stuff,* maca is supposed to be great for stimulating certain things and balancing certain hormones... but since you are so early in the raw adventure, the body is just probably going haywire with all the new energy and adjustments to be made.

SOOOOO many changes happen in the beginning, it really is a journey!

I experienced dramatic weight shifts my first two months raw, dropping 20 pounds the first month while eating mostly nuts and seeds... then gaining about 15 lbs. BACK the second month, all in totally different places. So, in total, I've only lost 5 pounds after some serious fluctuations, but have a markedly different figure.

The way out is through... Your body is upgrading from dialup to wireless. Just make sure you are meeting your needs, fitday.com or something can help you get an idea of your RDA%s.

Posted by: musicbebe ()
Date: December 05, 2008 02:54PM

My husband has been trying to go all raw with me. One week he felt great, the next he felt awful. He discovered the major difference was in the amount of calories he was eating. Make sure you get enough of those.

Posted by: SurfinBird ()
Date: December 05, 2008 04:20PM

musicbebe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> He discovered the major difference was in the amount
> of calories he was eating. Make sure you get
> enough of those.

hehe, I couldn't agree more.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables