Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Total newbie....
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 07, 2008 03:47PM

Ok I haven't gone 100% raw yet.... I've been researching for about three years. What is the gentlest way to go about it? I went 100% raw for about two weeks last year and kept -constant- headaches. Has anyone else gone through that? And if so how did you handle it? Any feedback would be very appreciated. Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Total newbie....
Posted by: SurfinBird ()
Date: December 07, 2008 03:58PM

I would recommend starting by adding fresh vegetable juice to your diet everyday. Ease into it from wherever you are by first making the jump to whole foods (not the store), and eliminate whatever processed or animal products you are currently eating. Once you're comfortable eating whole vegan foods (lentil dishes, brown rice, steamed vegetables etc.) then make the jump to raw food vegan if you would like.

This would be the best way to avoid any unpleasant aches and pains in my opinion.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: December 07, 2008 06:54PM

A possible slow transition plan with a focus on:

What is the gentlest way to go about it? I went 100% raw for about two weeks last year and kept -constant- headaches.

might be to start eliminating the SAD habits that are known to cause headaches like cigs, booze, drugs, caffeine, etc. They say it takes a minimum of 3 weeks to change or get a new habit to take hold. Possibly if you were to work on one headache source at a time and at the same time incorporate something health promoting at the same time you could make some slow changes that lead to change both coming and going. For example just say you set a goal of not having caffeine for a month and at the same time you decided to have a Green Smoothie everyday for that same month you could be moving away from the negative and moving toward the positive at the same time. When the month is completed you could pick another negative to eliminate and another positive to embrace and repeat the process of small goal setting and achieving until you are free of many negatives and enjoying the health benefits of the positives.

Posted by: iLIVE ()
Date: December 07, 2008 07:22PM

I guess no one can really tell you the best way...You've kind of got to discover that yourself. But I think that's the fun part; there's always a greater feeling of accomplishment if you make notes on yourself and in turn figure out what makes you happiest. Other then that, i would research what optimal calories and vitamins and minerals to get and then opt for that only with whole foods, and in your case, all made raw.

Posted by: Kombaiyashii ()
Date: December 08, 2008 09:01PM

I found the best half way point was to eat gluten free for a few months...I got quite strong detox reactions from this, I even ate pretty badly...I ate like a portion of chips (fries to americans) a day with gluten free muffins, crisps (chips to americans) and I even drank lots of goats milk. After I got over this detox reaction I was able to be raw so much easier.

Also if I were to 'do it again' I would have added more raw food with that. A bunch of organic bananas and a salad...

Best of luckwinking smiley

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: December 09, 2008 03:39AM

Ty headaches means you need liquids and juice, alot of it

Posted by: sunshazza ()
Date: December 10, 2008 03:57PM

The best way to transition to raw is to start slowly and gradually. Set a goal plan of say for one week eat only raw for breakfast. Then the following week eat raw for breakfast and lunch - do this for two weeks. Eat fruits and nuts for snacks. After the two weeks start your evening cooked meal with a large amount of fruits to fill you up and eat small amount of the cooked meal. Do this for another two weeks until all of your meals and snacks are raw. You may feel comfortable doing this over a longer period of time.

Bear in mind that 100% raw is not for everybody. You may be more comfortable on 70-80% raw, just test and test until you find what is right for you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables