Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

new to Raw eating
Posted by: dafodil ()
Date: July 02, 2006 10:18PM

I have just completed my first week of going 100% raw, and I am wondering if headaches are common (I've read they are when you go raw/detoxify the body) and if anyone else here has had similar experiences, and how long did the headaches last?? Today is the first day this week that I have not had a mild headache. Also, I am wondering if it is necessary to soak all raw nuts before eating? I read that they can harbor toxins which are released when soaked. (?) Also, I am a runner/cyclist and since going raw I havae had 0 energy. I KNOW this is to be expected at first as my body adjusts, but what should I eat to take the place of the whole grain pastas that I ate before for fuel? I rode my bike the other day and was so drained couldn't go beyone 17 miles!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2006 10:22PM by dafodil.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: new to Raw eating
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: July 02, 2006 10:30PM

You may be drained because your body is detoxing, or because you are not eating enough calories of carbohydrates. What does you daily menu look like? Please include the amounts of each food that you eat in a given day.

Posted by: dafodil ()
Date: July 02, 2006 10:36PM

For b-fast I usually have a fruit based smoothie w/ LF yogurt, flax meal, bananas, berries, some juice, and a little nut butter. For lunch/snacks I have large salads w/ avocados, mock tuna salad or walnut pate, and gazpacho or some other soup. Snacks are carrots, celery, avocados, fruit, or what ever I have around that is convenient. Dinner is usually more of what I had for lunch or a variation on it. I was thinking maybe the headaches are from too much nuts? I have never been allergic to them, but maybe too much too soon? I drink alot of water and have a raw, fermented Kombucha tea everyother day.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: July 03, 2006 01:19AM

You are probably eating too much fat and not enough carbohydrates to maintain your athletic performance. There is a forum for raw food athletes at [www.vegsource.com]. At that forum, they have a FAQ for athlete's who are trying to make the raw diet work for them and their sport. The replacement foods that take the place of the pastas for energy is sweet fruit, like bananas. You might want to take a look at eating no overt fats for a few days, and instead getting your calories from sweet fruit, and see how your energy is when you are running or bicycling.

Posted by: vegangoddess ()
Date: July 03, 2006 02:00AM

try
mono eating your fruit
including lots of greens ( esp green smoothies)
cutting down on fat ( fat makes me sluggish and most raw foodists eat too much fat anyway)
good luck!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables