Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

how long did it take to increase your energy?
Posted by: Kombaiyashii ()
Date: December 15, 2008 09:47AM

Although, I do have more energy in some ways, I am still lacking energy and motivation...I remember when I was 15, I completely lost a ton of energy, I stopped going to school because of it...

I want to know how long it takes for a raw foodist to get some of this energy back...I know that when I slip up and eat cooked, I get a ton of energy and motivation back so I know it's there...

A lot of raw foodists seem extremely motivated...

I was just wondering how long it takes people to get like this?

Thankswinking smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: how long did it take to increase your energy?
Posted by: iLIVE ()
Date: December 15, 2008 03:19PM

i mean it's not like there's a specific amount of time
everyone's different, and if you aren't getting energy you're probably not eating the right things. unless you want to wait and see for yourself if energy randomly just shows up

Posted by: Omega ()
Date: December 15, 2008 04:20PM

Kombaiyashii Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Although, I do have more energy in some ways, I am
> still lacking energy and motivation...I remember
> when I was 15, I completely lost a ton of energy,
> I stopped going to school because of it...
>
> I want to know how long it takes for a raw foodist
> to get some of this energy back...I know that when
> I slip up and eat cooked, I get a ton of energy
> and motivation back so I know it's there...

I think it depends on one's current level of vitality. There should be incremental improvement though from any current energy level.

As far as cooked food creating energy and motivation, I know that for me it's purely a stimulative effect. When I have eaten cooked food in the past after being all-raw for years, I became much more motivated to "achieve" in the conventional sense of the word. However after returning to all-raw I see that that was a "false reality" based on cooked food values and a material view of the human experience.

In a nutshell, although cooked food stimulates me, it actually lowers my energy vibration to a level that "fits in" with the rest of the cooked food-eating planet; suddenly there is a structure and system in place in which to "achieve" in the conventional sense, as one is resonating with that wavelength. IMO, one of the challenges of all-raw eating is that all structure must be self-created, since we are essentially living (or desire to live eventually) outside "the system."

Creating an all-raw lifestyle for oneself and thriving in a raw world paradigm requires a higher energy vibration than the cooked food eater needs to succeed in the cooked food world.

That's what I think, anyway. smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2008 04:26PM by Omega.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: December 15, 2008 07:11PM

Its a process. I went all fresh raw Aug 1, 07 and had an immediate energy increase. I joined a 30 day challenge and by the time the 30 days were done so were my cooked eating days. I knew I had found something priceless. Since then I have learned a lot more about the raw food lifestyle and I still feel the same way. I could never go back to my previous SAD self. I have had some short periods of time when my energy levels have dropped as my body has taken on an inside job to fix something and then when it gets the job done my energy levels return to high and I feel better then ever. For me the key has been to learn everything I can from my successes and my slips and to persevere to stay on my raw lifestyle journey. The longer I stay all fresh raw the more convinced I am that eating healthy is a healthy thing to do and that a strong belief is very motivational. Also I find making healthy habits and staying with them to be very powerful over time to get healthy results. Make health a habit !

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables