Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Tea
Posted by: fluteye ()
Date: January 07, 2009 03:52PM

I apologize if I missed this discussion earlier, but I just need to verify that the tea you buy in the store is NOT raw? Even if I use hot tap water?

Thank You.

Linda

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tea
Posted by: Healthybun ()
Date: January 07, 2009 04:20PM

White tea
60 degrees celcius teacup
40 degrees celcius water

mix and enjoy... smiling smiley

Posted by: fluteye ()
Date: January 07, 2009 04:45PM

Thank you so much, Healthybun!

But I'm not quite sure what that means. What is white tea? Can I buy it in the store? Does 60 degrees celsius teacup mean that I should warm my cup first? We Americans can be numbskulls when it comes to tea you know.....

LJE

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 07, 2009 04:51PM

All tea(camellia sinensis) leaves are processed by heating them; either by roasting, or heat fermentation, or both. Unless you pick the leaves and sun-dry them yourself, that is. Many loose herbal teas(like twigs and leaves you buy in the bulk botanicals section at the health food store) have been low temp dehydrated. Unfortunately, you have to call each company and ask about specific processing methods--tedious! Or, order a small selection of herbal "tea" ingredients from raw foods webstores, such as:
[www.sunfood.com]

I just drink organic conventionally processed tea in small amounts, and try not to feel bad about it smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables