Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Cold?
Posted by: ROIRRAW ()
Date: January 07, 2009 03:15PM

I thought I read somewhere that people on a raw diet experience the cold more.I'm not sure if that was just whilst someone was becoming accoustomed to it or for long termers but I'm new to it and am freeezzzzing today? Is there any truth to this or is it justy a very cold day here!(which it is anyway..)?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cold?
Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: January 08, 2009 12:40AM

My first winter after I went raw I found it necessary to layer on more clothes then previous winters but I slowly adjusted and now wear the same layering as before I went raw. I like to keep a cup of clean water on my cup warmer on my desk during the winter in order to have something warm to drink. Good luck.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: January 08, 2009 05:27AM

last year was my first year going 100% raw after nearly 5 years of transitioning .. i was alot colder feeling last winter then i am this winter ..

i think that you stabalize after awhile

we have had nearly 3 weeks of heavy snow and i am still sleeping with the window cracked a couple of inches , last time this year i was buried under an electric blanket tongue sticking out smiley lol

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: ROIRRAW ()
Date: January 08, 2009 05:30AM

Thanks.

Posted by: applebaby ()
Date: January 09, 2009 04:58AM

i always feel a rush of cold after eating certain vegetables.. like cucumber or greens or celery! dont know why!

ohhhh man. i live where it's -40C (or 40F for the americans) during the winter. im fine though! surprisingly.. somehow. but hey ive been here all my life!

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: January 09, 2009 10:09AM

funny i always experienced getting cold when eatign heavy meals back in the days .. i always felt it was my body energy rushing to my guts to digest smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Omega ()
Date: January 09, 2009 08:29PM

Tip for cold weather: avoid eating tropical fruits or any fruit or vegetable that only grows in hot weather, as those foods will cool the body.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables