Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Body Doesn't Want to end Fast
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 04, 2009 04:48PM

Hi,

I've done my usual 5-Day New Year fast and now it's time to go back to work TOMORROW!! and my body doesn't want to end the fast. I'm doing a juice fast and I guess I can carry juice to work with me. The problem is I think it will be stressful not to eat and I am a 'recovering stress eater' (smile) and I don't want to get weak and run to the vending machine. I'd hoped to be able to continue the juice for breakfast and dinner and have a small salad for lunch. But my body doesn't seem to agree. Yesterday was day 6 and I had fresh oj and made myself take bites of a honeydew throughout the day. I ended the day with warm herbal tea and this morning my body is already like "We can do this if you don't force me to eat". I have no appetite...none.

I haven't gotten my usual faster's 'high', had only slight dizziness and a lil bit of nausea as crisis symptoms. Maybe it's time for me to go longer than the usual 5-7 days to give my body what it needs?

Any thoughts?

Any suggestions?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Body Doesn't Want to end Fast
Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: January 04, 2009 05:42PM

I have also noticed how fresh made juice effects my appetite. Everyday after I wake up I start my day with fresh squeezed citrus juice. I usually go about 4 to 6 hours before I eat my first solid foods. This happens because I feel well satisfied with an occasional juice. Once I have some solid food then my appetite kicks in and I eat my biggest meal of the day at that time due to the increased appetite. Its interesting the way juice effects my body in terms of appetite. Juice is well received by my body.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: January 04, 2009 06:03PM

You can bring juice and solid foods in case you want them?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 09, 2009 01:01AM

Well, it's Day 11 and I'm still fasting....just going with the flow...no appetite...and I'm taking my fresh juice with me....just not right away as usual.

So far so good....it feels like problems areas are cleansing. I've had several sinus surgeries for polyps and that area is a little tender and lots of mucus coming out of that nostral.

I feel great otherwise! Just wondering how long it will last and how will I know it's time to end it? Any advice?

Posted by: globalresult ()
Date: January 12, 2009 02:49AM

Your body will know what to do.

Keep up the great work.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables