Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Best Diet for Healing
Posted by: EricJohannes ()
Date: January 22, 2009 01:41AM

I just went through a horrible personal/dietary phase where I not only went way off the raw path but also took antibiotics and drank a lot of bourbon. What was I thinking? I became a completely different person. I'm back to raw for a couple days now, but I'm wondering if anyone can provide tips on specific fruits and veggies to eat and avoid so that my system will heal as fast as possible. Should I take some pro-biotic capsules? Do those work? Any risks involved? I'm also thankfully back to doing yoga. Man, I sure hope I never do that to myself again. My life really depends on staying raw, and I'm being real hard on myself. Any advice on how to avoid falling off the cliff again is also welcome. Thanks in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Best Diet for Healing
Posted by: arugula ()
Date: January 22, 2009 01:45AM

[Any advice on how to avoid falling off the cliff again is also welcome. Thanks in advance.]

All I can say, and it is only my opinion, is to make lots of fruits and vegetables a way of life, make it a habit, and even if you occasionally indulge in junk it won't be a catastrophe because you are eating so well most of the time.

I know that some people do well on absolutely 100% raw with zero vices and great for them but I don't think it's realistic for me. I just do well most of the time.

Posted by: luvyuu ()
Date: January 22, 2009 02:01AM

with the antibiotics... you want to go on a very low sugar diet... and lots of probiotics... if you take a pill... get something with 7billion or more... acidopholis bifidus... FOS is supposed to be good too... stay on them for a long while... raw sauerkraut is good for this as well... don't be too hard on yourself... accept yourself for all the beautiful and wonderful things that you are...

blessings

love laugh and dream

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: January 22, 2009 02:23PM

I have read that staying very alkaline can help you keep on track.
I am starting to ask myself this one question before eating any food...
Is this cleansing/alkaline?
Or is this clogging/acid?

Vinny

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2009 02:24PM by eaglefly.

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: January 22, 2009 05:40PM

I read the book 12 steps to raw and it helped me get back on track. There is more to it than eating. When I was struggleing to get back on track it seemed the more I forced myself to eat raw the more I resisted. I knew how good I felt eating raw but just couldnt get back on track. One great tool is to be grateful and have some good positive afermations to tell yourself. It may sound odd but it works. My family eats their cooked foods all around me and some of the foods were my favorites. I just tell myself I have had enough of those foods in my life and now I am working towards a better health.

You can do it

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: January 22, 2009 08:59PM

EricJohannes

Any advice on how to avoid falling off the cliff again is also welcome.

Everyone is different so I don't know if what I say here is applicable to you or not but it is to me. I have the type of behavior pattern that is all or nothing. That is I am either all raw or I am not and if not then I'm heading away from raw at a rate of speed that makes it a distant memory in just a matter of months. That said I have found that for me I must find the inner strength to just say NO. Its either that or its a new path of compromise and increasingly more dismal percentages with cooked winning. Its kind of like an alcoholic who tricks themselves into having a drink thinking it will be different this time. Of course it isn't and true to form they can't stop drinking until their drunk. So, its just a lot easier and better for me to not take that first bite of cooked food and fight that addictive response all over again. You will need to honestly look at the situation and determine if you are the all or nothing type person or if you can eat cooked and raw at the same time and not find yourself slipping back toward your old lifestyle and the compromised health & wellness SAD delivers.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables