Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

water and raw foods
Posted by: kilihunebabe ()
Date: January 25, 2009 01:54AM

I have read that you should drink only distilled water. i have read that you should never drink distilled water. spring water seems to be a favorite with the "purists" but i'm confused about distilled water.

i use PUR water filters in non-toxic plastic. how is that unlike spring water? what IS spring water?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: water and raw foods
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: January 25, 2009 02:17AM

Man is not a water drinking animal, getting all his liquid
requirements from the food he eats. However, if you want to
improve upon, regress, or digress, you can add water to your
diet. The Best Water?.....probably natural Spring Water with
low mineral content, or a deep well.
I use filtered tap water with 3 filters, one of them being a
Fluoride removal......WY

Posted by: kilihunebabe ()
Date: January 25, 2009 03:23AM

wy,

thanks for the tip!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 25, 2009 03:54AM

Wheatgrass Yogi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Man is not a water drinking animal

Um, I haven't met any non-water drinking men. It'd make us pretty unique in the animal kingdom.

Date: January 25, 2009 04:23AM

I too have heard that distilled water is best. There are no minerals in the distilled water and I am not sure that is good for us. I drink spring water mostly and dasani & aquafina only when I am in a pinch. Spring water is more natural than the dasani or aquafina which is as I understand it, just tap water that is filtered.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: January 25, 2009 04:48AM

sunlightoncloudyday

There are no minerals in the distilled water and I am not sure that is good for us.

I think the minerals need to become a part of a plant in order for us to utilize them otherwise its like trying to get your nutrition by eating dirt.

Posted by: Healthybun ()
Date: January 25, 2009 03:56PM

EZ rider Wrote:

> I think the minerals need to become a part of a
> plant in order for us to utilize them otherwise
> its like trying to get your nutrition by eating
> dirt.

Agree!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 25, 2009 07:20PM

Communitybuilder wrote

> Um, I haven't met any non-water drinking men. It'd make us pretty unique in the animal kingdom.

Being from Oz, I know that koala bears get all their moisture requirements from eucalypt leaves, and these leaves don't look like they contain much water at all.

cheers

Posted by: shane ()
Date: January 26, 2009 03:55AM

> Communitybuilder wrote
>
> > Um, I haven't met any non-water drinking men.
> It'd make us pretty unique in the animal kingdom.
>

For thousands and thousands of years, people have known that water was not safe to drink. Lots of awful stuff was in the water: cholera, dysentery, typhoid, animal feces, animals... Water was not safe to drink. If you notice in the bible, or in old literature, there is not talk about drinking water. When people talk about drinking, it's usually talk about fermented beverages -- beer, wine, fermented apples -- sometimes there is talk about drinking from deep wells or a new spring, but the exception proves the rule. There are old Babylonian texts for making beer, fermenting wine, fermenting fruit, wheat, rice, honey... Even little kids drank fermented apple juice -- it was a safer alternative than drinking water that had parasites or worms or toxic bacteria.

So, we have a long history of fermenting beverages because we could not drink water. At least in the West. The Eastern cultures had a different solution -- they developed tea. Eastern cultures boiled water and drank tea so that alcohol consumption was not a big solution. Sure, there was sake, but that was...

Western cultures didn't know a thing about boiling water; Eastern cultures didn't know a thing about fermenting fruits. Two different solutions, and that is why we see two different populations of people, we see people of Western origins are very likely to have the genes that enable them to drink alcohol, and many people from Asian or American Indian cultures cannot drink alcohol. They have lost many of the active genes for consuming alcohol...

Did I digress? What the hell am I talking about?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables