Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

colon detox
Posted by: krispernugget ()
Date: January 25, 2009 10:24PM

I wanna try it..
any tips? smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: colon detox
Posted by: life101 ()
Date: January 26, 2009 12:52AM

I'm not aware of a detox for the colon, just a cleanse. Blessed herbs has a good one. My friend used it and he stated it was better than a colonic or colema board.

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: January 26, 2009 02:30AM

krispernugget Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wanna try it..
> any tips? smiling smiley
The best overall detox of any kind is water then
nothing. Drink water for 8 to 12 hours during the day,
then Dry Fast for 12 to 16 hours at night. After 7 days
of this, you'll see just how toxic you are.
If you know you're very toxic, a Juice Fast could lead into
the Water-Dry Fast......WY

Posted by: shane ()
Date: January 26, 2009 03:16AM

I think your own body is probably the best detoxifier around! Do what the yogi says, save your time and money, drink a lot of water, fast, then eat a lot of raw fruits and vegetables!

Posted by: loeve ()
Date: January 26, 2009 03:48AM

..the cleansing diet approach can have a detoxing effect on the colon.. it
could also be called a garden fast

"Colon cleansing diet is one of the most simple and effective methods of
detoxification." [www.buzzle.com]

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: January 26, 2009 09:55AM

Sorry Loeve, but I'm going to have to disagree. Massive
amounts of Fiber does not make for a good Detox.......WY

Date: January 26, 2009 02:00PM

..not "massive amounts of fiber"..

Excerpt:

Colon Cleansing Diet

Our eating habits contribute a lot in maintaining our health. Certain dietary changes can help improve the health and functioning of your colon. An effective colon cleansing diet includes a unique combination of different types of vegetables, assortment of green vegetables, fresh fruits and plenty of high-fiber foods.

High-Fiber Foods

Fiber-rich foods are the essential part of the colon cleansing diet. Fibers are extremely effective in cleansing the colon. Fibers can be obtained in various vegetables, fruits, seeds, beans, whole grains and nuts. High-fiber diet supports digestive health by removing the waste matter from the colon and by stimulating peristalsis, muscular contractions of the bowel. Fibers also help hold the moisture in the colon and soften the stool. The high-fiber foods include vegetables such as lettuce, broccoli, green peas, green beans, Swiss chard, turnip greens, Brussels sprout and green leafy vegetables like spinach, some fruits including berries (blueberries, strawberries and raspberries), dried fruits (apricots, prunes, dates and raisins), oranges, apples, peaches and pears. Certain grain products such as whole grain breads, brown rice, whole-wheat pasta, cereals made from whole grain, oatmeal and other whole grain cooked cereals are also rich in fibers. Other legumes, seeds and nuts that contain high amounts of fibers are fresh, frozen or dried peas and beans such as lima beans, black beans and kidney beans, acorns, almonds, peanuts, walnuts, cashews, pecans, sesame seeds and sunflower seeds.

Green Foods

The high chlorophyll containing green foods such as wheat grass, alfalfa, spirulina and barley grass are an important part of the colon cleansing diet. Besides cleansing, chlorophyll helps soothe and heal the damaged tissue in the digestive tract. It helps remove toxins from the body and obtain more oxygen in the body.
[www.buzzle.com]

..the "garden diet" is sometimes called the Garden of Eden diet and is eating foods just as they come from the tree or garden. BTW, I don't agree with the entire web site referenced, i.e. processed, cooked foods, fish oil etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2009 02:05PM by loeve.

Posted by: kilihunebabe ()
Date: January 26, 2009 03:31PM

personally, i would not do a strict water fast. for your cleanse to be thoroughly effective, you need the antioxidants from raw fruits/veggies (preferrably in juice form so that your body is not expending energy digesting chunks of food, but purifying) that bind to the toxins and carry them out of your body during the cleanse process. you will also need some fiber to get the waste from your cleanse through the colon.

there is a great resource; "juicing, fasting, and detoxing for life" cherie calbom, that has an entire chapter on colon cleansing. Then another on liver, gallbladder, and kidney cleanses, if you are up for it. i just got done reading it so i am a WEALTH of information on colon cleanses! although, the above information, i already knew! winking smiley

Date: January 26, 2009 04:04PM

..yes, and BTW I wasn't referring to "thegardendiet" in my last post, but incidentally they also have thoughts on colon cleansing..

"Q: I simply enjoy your newsletter. I am a vegetarian for 4 years now. Trying to become raw and slipping everytime, but everytime I get back on the horse I seem to ride further and further....I have read about colonics. I was wondering if the OJ diet would have the same affect in cleansing the colon? PS- My husband and I LOVE the Breakthrough DVD!!!

A: Thanks for the feedback! We think that the OJ Diet or the raw vegan diet are even more beneficial than colonics and not as invasive. However when I had a blockage in my colon causing a detox headache during transitioning to the raw diet I got instant relief by doing an enema ~ jinjee

[www.thegardendiet.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables