Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Bryan...you know what I am thinking currently?
Posted by: Piano Gal ()
Date: July 03, 2006 12:30PM

I have been pondering what you have been offering by way of a strong conviction in high fruit....and squaring it with my experience. I feel you have a point. I don't think that tremendously high fat works well over the long haul. I know my own body doesn't handle it well.

These are just thoughts, musings....but I'm thinking that for some of us, step one may need to be a lower fruit, lower mycotoxin program - in order to heal mycotoxic conditions. Not everything can be worked on/with at once. I know I felt compelled to go no fruit for the last six months. In the last two weeks, I have felt it was time to make a shift to lesser fat and to begin to include some fruit. I just started doing that this week. Perhaps I have dealt with the mycotoxic issues and that is why I'm feeling this shift. I've only done it for the last two days. My body does feel better not having as much fat as it had. but I'm VERY glad I did what I did. I feel it was right. After 7 years of high fruit not working, I think it was an accurate shift. I would have to say that my troubles on high fruit didn't show up until after five years - similar to what you posted about people's higher fat troubles not showing up till later.

However, now I'm feeling moved towards including fruit again. It's an experiment. I'm doing lower glycemic fruits and lots of greens, along with a little fat and some nuts. I shall share, as the time goes on, what occurs.

We're all having this discussion, and we're talking about high fruit or high fat or....and we aren't sure what any of us are meaning by that. High fat may be 1T of oil a day for you and 6 for me (I'm making amounts up here). So we're likely not on the same page. High fruit may be 3 pieces of fruit for me.

One of the things that bugs me about all of our discussions is that we all seem to have a penchant for making these authoritative broad statements, as if they were God's own Truth sent down on tablets, with little backing, ie all the long term raw foodists who do well are doing so on high fruit. Or, all long term raw foodists who do fruit over the long term have problems.

Perhaps, self included, we'd all be more credible to one another if we shared our own experiences, and were more specific, less general, more based in fact in our broad general statements.

What do you think?

Also, Bryan, do you live in a tropical place?

Thank you so much for sharing your expperience in the last little while. It has caused me to ponder and consider. We do affect one another, I think, by sharing our experience - even if we don't get the feedback that this is so.l

With love and always,

Piano Gal

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables