Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw diet for for healty mucle growth and weight maintenance
Posted by: learning_raw ()
Date: January 28, 2009 05:10PM

Hi, I am very athletic and have been on a meet based diet pretty much all my life (currently 30yrs old). I am already slim, and have a very strong digestion.

My challenge with raw diet is that I don't want to loose much weight and go even more slimmer I am already quite slim. After eating raw for a week I notice an immediate decrease on my muscle size even though my muscles are very firm, so there is an overall 'shrinking' effect that I am observing. I am eating a good amount of vegetables fruits and nuts in addition to blended juices I am making morning and evening. I am curious though from the weight loss effect if I am getting enough carbs. And if I should be making any special adjustments to my diet to maintain my healthy muscle density and and body shape/weight in general.

There is quite a bit research waiting for me on my plate but I would appreciate if you can give me some pointers and tips and directions that could help me find the information Im looking for, for my situation.

Any reference or comments much appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw diet for for healty mucle growth and weight maintenance
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 30, 2009 11:12PM

How is your strength? I found I lost a couple of kilos and I too was slim, though it has stablised now. My strength was maintained even though I felt pretty'weak' at times. I seems to me any fat deposits and toxins that are within our muscle mass are dissolved; hence the 'shrinkage'. I've continued to increase the weights at gym, and only recently have notices muscle growth.

For research, try google scholar, as it's a good source of Academic journal articles, book reviews etc.

Cheers, geo

Posted by: Ebhak ()
Date: January 31, 2009 03:50AM

Sometimes you lose a bit before you build back up, water weight is often the first to go, which could be what your noticing too since it's only been a week.

Posted by: Ebhak ()
Date: January 31, 2009 03:51AM

Sometimes you lose a bit before you build back up, water weight is often the first to go, which could be what your noticing too since it's only been a week.

Doing a low-fat raw vegan diet keeping it simple and living healthfully will bring about ideal body weight.

Posted by: globalresult ()
Date: January 31, 2009 04:58AM

Your losing fat not muscle.

You thought it was muscle but it is not.

Impossible to lose muscle that quickley especially if your eating enough good clean fuel.

Raw just gives you a reality check where you are physically, mentally and spiritually.

Posted by: ksmanthey ()
Date: January 31, 2009 05:17AM

Drinking juice is an easy way to get a lot of calories. Its often difficult to get enough calories eating raw food, especially at first. Your stomach needs to get used to eating a LOT of bulky roughage. And also, I think that all the fiber that you are eating prevents you from absorbing all the calories in the food. A lot of people here don't like to eat oils, but that is also of course a really easy way to get a lot of calories.

Posted by: globalresult ()
Date: January 31, 2009 06:57AM

Oils stay away from those things they are not healthy at all.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables