Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Stool..Someones help please
Posted by: ashleekanaan ()
Date: February 01, 2009 01:39AM

Alright guys...So here goes..
I already know that for the first few months of becomming raw your @#$%& to be blunt are going to change and yada yada yada..Well to say the least mine have certainly changed and I am not sure its for the best either..Its actually quite weird, scary, and gross
I am not 100% raw..just to make that clear. In May of last year is when I first learned about raw foodism..I took steps within the last year to become more raw and in the begginning I was much more raw than I am now..I was at one point about 85% RAW..if not 90. However in the last YEAR...Needd I say again ONE YEAR I have not had a 'solid' or 'firm' stool..I had a colonoscopy recently because the problem has began to scare me quite honestly.
My stool generally looks like clay/mud and sorry to sound gross but kinda squirts out like a liquid..I can ALWAYS see the foods I have eaten in the toilet too..Especially if I have had collard greens or red pepper or whatever it may be..I ALWAYS can tell what I have eaten by looking in the toilet..this is NOT normal..The food barley looks fully digested if I eat greens for instance I can see pieces of themm in the toilet its not normal. My colonoscopy came out to be normal and they said there was nothing abnormal in my large intestine..Idk what could be going on? Obviously my body is not entirely getting its nutrients from what I am eating, if it were, my stools would be mmore firm. It also seems that when I eat more 'normal' so to speak for example not strictly following food combining, or eating cooked organic grains/rice my stools are harder and more normal.
Someone, ANYONE help me understand what the heck is going on here!!
I am very very seriously of starting The Body Ecology diet tommorrow..I have been researching it for the past month, and think it may be good for me.
ANY advice I would appreciate SO MUCH!!
-Ashlee

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Stool..Someones help please
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 01, 2009 02:15AM

I have found this to be a normal reponse of the body's learning to digest raw fiber after a long time on cooked fiber. The longer you persist in eating raw, the more fully digested your waste matter should become. It's like when you first start eating a lot of beans as a vegetarian--after a while, your digestive acids and enzymes adjust and you don't get bloating or gassiness anymore. Maybe try doing smoothies with your fruits and veggies. Don't fully blend them; allow some texture and "chew" the smoothie a bit before swallowing, and see if this helps get things "homogenized," so to speak. Good luck.

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: February 01, 2009 02:22AM

ashleekanaan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ANY advice I would appreciate SO MUCH!!
My guess would be that you don't eat the same
foods day-to-day. Your digestive system is confused. The
best plan is to eat the same diet, even if not 100% raw,
day after day after day. Your movements, and energy, will
soon improve......WY

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: February 01, 2009 03:11AM

What was your stool like before going raw ?
Are you allowing time between meals for the food to exit the stomach or are you feeding continuously with little or no break in the flow of food ?

Posted by: Ebhak ()
Date: February 01, 2009 05:44AM

Try some mono - meals of fruits and reduce fats maybe?

Posted by: ashleekanaan ()
Date: February 01, 2009 06:17AM

Thank you EVERYONE for your advice..I do tend to wait between meals and I eat tons of fruits and veggies.. EZ rider..before going raw to answer your questions I had a fantastic metabolism and my stool was very healthy in my opinion..not too soft, not too hard.. I was in great shape then, and I am in some ways regretting that I went raw because its making me feel as if I have seriously confused the @#$%& out of my body and have put so much stress upon my insides..I do not eat Mono AT ALL..I love too many kinds of fruits and veggies to eat the same thing dAily..

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 01, 2009 11:51AM

Mixing watery fruits with vegies inhibits digestion. Normally, people don't eat fruits with there main meal of meat and cooked vegies.

The point I'm trying to make is that if you're drinking fluids or watery fruits with, or too soon before or afterr your meal, this will supress proper digestion. Since you said you can see what you've eaten in the toilet, it makes sense to me that you have a indigeston problem.

Also, toxic elimination will cause changes in your system, but not bad for a year. Also, it could be something in your diet that's causing the irritiation. Vary your diet to see. Maybe you need to go in a transition diet for awhile, see if that helps.

Cheers geo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables