Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

a true story with a smile
Posted by: pampam ()
Date: February 01, 2009 04:14AM

I was looking forward to gooing to a "health" convention and hearing a raw chef from my area speak today but when I arrived at the place the raw speaker did not show. It was a very small group and only five people representing their different health ocupations. Two people were offering their services to assess you so you could make appointments for their services so I decided to see what they had to offer. I started by talking to this LMT and explained to him that I was makeing changes in my life for better health and he nodded and I further explained I only ate raw foods like fruit and vegitables. He began explaining to me how fruit isnt like it use to be and one should not eat to much fruit because it is sweeter than it should be because of genetic altering all the fruit is not good to eat. I then said how I was eating green smoothies which is fruit and vegitables mixed and he then explained to me how one should never eat fruit and vegitables together. After all this the man asked me just how I was getting my protien anyway. I simply told him from the fruit and vegis. I left talking to him feeling very deflated and then went to talk with his partener who does acupuncture and some sort of muscle testing which I was asked to hold my arm out and she touched my forhead and pressed my arm down. My arm started to feel tired and I really did'nt know what she wanted and she kept pushing my arm down and then handed me somthing in a small glass jar and pressed my arm down and then had several containers of stuff in little vials in a case and had me hold it and pressed my arm down. My arm was getting more tired but she then touched my belly button and pressed my arm down. Her conclusion was I have a blockage of energy flow from food and a scar and she can help me with clearing this up.

I left this feeling very puzzled and felt real angry to be asked the question "where are you getting your protien" from somewon who deals with wholistic stuff. I felt alone in my rawness when I was looking forward to hearing a speaker on the subject and hopefully some fellowship with raw people.

I decided to drive the long way home to think about things. The long drive was long indeed because I live out in the country. I got to a main road and believe it or not saw a camel in a pen by the side of the road. A Camel so I turned the car to check out the camel, It was so big, just standing there eating hay and the thought poped in my head hey there camel, just where do you get your protien. Ha Ha. The biggest animals on earth eat vegitables and they don't seem to have problems with protien.

I felt better. smiling smiley
Pam

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: a true story with a smile
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: February 01, 2009 04:46AM

:-) The cosmic postal service sent you a nice, clear message of affirmation!

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: February 01, 2009 01:22PM

Nice story PamPam. I've decided to quit listening to other
people, no matter who they are, and go with what I know is
Best for me......Juicing and Blending.......WY

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: February 01, 2009 03:54PM

The pressing of your arm is a complimentary therapy called kinesiology (not sure if I've got the spelling right). I suppose one must remember that just because a therapist is not mainstream they still probably do not know or embrace the raw lifestyle.

Like Yogi, I no longer try to explain or justify my eating habits to anyone because how could they possibly get it when they think bangers and mash is such a great meal.

I suppose I might mention raw just once and if they are interested they will step through the doorway on their own just as I did when I first heard the term.

I'm so glad you saw the camel and didn't allow yourself to be upset for long.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: February 01, 2009 04:15PM

Pam I am sorry you came away from that feeling sad and drained .. you were sadly the victim of vampires (someone out to drain your energy for their own gains ,,not the dracula type lol)

I am glad you showed em your tail-lights, someone truly out to help you will ask you what they can do to help you , not leave you feeling worse then you were before.. they will bring you up not push you down

yep i bet that camel didnt have any cheeseburgers stashed anywhere smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 01, 2009 04:38PM

pampam,

Great story! A camel on the roadside? Reminding you of your rights? I mean, what are the odds? The Universe has your back--do not doubt the path you are on smiling smiley

Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: February 02, 2009 04:40AM

Where do you live???

This is hilarious! The universe is talking to you! ha ha

Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: February 02, 2009 04:49AM

I propose a new costitutional amendment: the separation of health and wealth.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables