Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

fasting for the first time
Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: February 02, 2009 10:43PM

I am thinking about this but really don't know what to expect.

I only want to try missing a couple of meals at first. I have a family to look after - I can't just curl up and sleep if I want to.

Most days I run so I probably shouldn't try on those days. I guess I've just got to try it and see what happens.

Can you remember your first fast and how it felt?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: fasting for the first time
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: February 02, 2009 11:00PM

flipperjan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can you remember your first fast and how it felt?
Yes....it was a 6-day Water Fast. After the 6th
day, I was moving in slow-motion, and everyone else was fast-
forward. I went to work, as usual, and felt quite good.....WY

Posted by: shane ()
Date: February 03, 2009 02:19AM

Periodic fasting is not so difficult, really. And your energy levels probably won't flag as much as you presume. I think the body adapts quite well to intermittent fasting. Nor must you just curl up and sleep, forgo running, or skip anything else in your normal daily routine. Just: don't eat and be a little hungry. No big deal.

I've been intermittent fasting more often lately. I fast once or twice a week for 36-hours each fast, and I'm actually beginning to enjoy the feeling of being a little hungry. There's something about hunger that makes me feel more connected to life -- I know that may sound kinda new agey -- but when you think about it, just about all life on earth at this very moment is hungry in one way or another. I believe being constantly filled with nutrients is a quite recent and localized phenomenon, and it's certainly not "natural."

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: February 03, 2009 12:02PM

Right. Don't second guess it until you try it. Start with a one-day fast....or a one-day juice fast....and see how you feel. Line up your first two-day fast over the weekend or a holiday. Then later, try a 3-day fast. For most relatively healthy folks, the experience will not be unpleasant.

In any event, a fast should always be something done voluntarily, and with joy. If not, don't do it. Just my take.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: February 03, 2009 02:33PM

Thanks you two

Philippa

Posted by: madinah ()
Date: February 03, 2009 04:25PM

Fasting is very healthy
[fastingconnection.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables