Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

High-profile high-fruiters?
Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: February 04, 2009 07:37AM

Hi everyone

Would be grateful for your help. I'd like names of high-profile raw fooders who are also high-fruit (doesn't have to be 811, but, say, two-thirds of calories or more through fruit).

I've posted this elsewhere, but for some names people just aren't sure/information conflicts, so as this forum's particularly active, thought I'd try here as well.

Obviously I'm aware of Dr D.

Please say only if you're pretty SURE that the person is 1) all-raw (or at least 95%) and 2) eats at least two-thirds fruit, in general, mostly...:-)

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High-profile high-fruiters?
Posted by: loeve ()
Date: February 04, 2009 01:28PM

George Malkmus of "hacres"identifies with the label "raw vegetarian / fruitarian". I'm not sure he is 2/3 fruitarian, but it sounds like he's often reaching for fruit.

Posted by: loeve ()
Date: February 04, 2009 02:46PM

Dave Klein eats mostly fruit:

"I eat about 95% fruit, and about 50 to 70% of that is non-sweet fruits: cucumbers and, when in season, tomatoes. I normally eat avocado only once per week, I rarely eat nuts or seeds and haven't eaten cooked food in five years. This diet helps me keep my energy level at its highest, my body pure, and my blood sugar balanced. By the way, I do not label myself as a fruitarian - I think we are better off not identifying ourselves by how we eat or practice health."

[www.living-foods.com]

Posted by: Ariel55 ()
Date: February 04, 2009 04:06PM

Anne Osborne has eaten all fruit for 17 years and had 2 children reared on fruit,and essie honiball for 50 years and is in her 80s now. She wrote a book in the 70s called I live on fruit, and had been fruitarian 20 years at that point. Also Bennito De Donno was fruitarian 15 years in 2001 when he last authored a book (not on fruitarianism although he does cover it).

I guess these people aren't exactly high profile, but the high profile people are more likely to be people who are more skilled at marketing and selling something and have made themselves high profile.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2009 04:12PM by Ariel55.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: February 04, 2009 05:33PM

I eat/ate this way for about 8 years. Is there something you want to know? You could also ask Richard Blackman (F1).

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: roadrunner ()
Date: February 05, 2009 02:19AM

Dave,
Why do you say "eat/ate this way"?
Have you migrated away from 100% fruit recently?

Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: February 05, 2009 07:27AM

Thank you everyone!

Posted by: Omega ()
Date: February 05, 2009 01:26PM

roadrunner Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dave,
> Why do you say "eat/ate this way"?
> Have you migrated away from 100% fruit recently?

I think he meant, "I [have eaten] this way for about 8 years."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2009 01:27PM by Omega.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables