Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

No weight loss on raw second time around
Posted by: Aviva ()
Date: February 17, 2009 05:36PM

Back in 2000 I was 100% raw for about 10 months. I became slim and full of energy.Then I fell off the raw wagon and got into yo-yo binging. After about six months, I started having problems with my periods and was diagnosed with fibroids.

Anyway, many years later, I'm on the raw journey again, in the hope I can reduce my fibroids rather than have a hysterectomy. I've been happily raw for five weeks now but there's been no weight loss. I'm not over-eating on fruit or nuts; I'm eating a similar diet to the one I ate when I got slim all those years ago. Obviously, this time around I'm not as healthy.

Can someone please give me some advice as to how to start making the changes happen? I want to reduce the fibroids, (I have a fat stomach due to them) and become slim, well and full of energy again. Surely that's possible?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: No weight loss on raw second time around
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: February 17, 2009 06:14PM

I recommend having some patience. Your health may not be as vital as it was when you started raw last time in 2000, so you aren't going to get the same results in the same time frame.

Keep your fat intake at 20% or less if possible. Get more rest and sleep. And get some physical activity. Reduce stress, worry, and anxiety. Essentially practice the habits (outside of a healthy raw diet) that produce good health.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: February 17, 2009 06:15PM

Great advice from Bryan!

If you're able to water fast occasionally, that works. A 1 day fast includes all day plus all night, so it's really 36 hours.

You could try occasional 2 day fasts if you're comfortable.

Or you could try some longer juice or smoothie "fasts".

Fasting is fasting, and then there's your regular maintenance diet. Don't try to go too far with your fasting/clean-outs all at once. I've yo-yo'd in and out of cooked foods in the past, and for me what eventually prevented it was combining my fasting days with a varied and nutritious raw food diet, including sufficient amounts of fruits, seeds, nuts, greens, seaweeds, and even some sprouted grains or raw wheat germ.

So my suggestion is: fast on some days, eat a complete nutritious raw diet on other days, and:

EXERCISE! Exercise is so important for replacing weakened tissue with muscle to help combat invasive disease. Helps your whole emotional outlook too and your sense of well-being.

Whatever avenue you choose, best wishes on a speedy recovery! smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2009 06:16PM by suncloud.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: February 17, 2009 06:23PM

I hear you. It's a wholistic process. You can try:

1) Getting in regular exercise....and different types than you normally do.
2) Drinking pure water
3) Eliminating salts and processed items.

-Some folks benefit from proper food combining or mono-eating. Others have to do their own leg-work and find out which foods allow them to be more slim/slimming....and which foods do not. Some foods are more easily processed and eliminated than others....in different folks.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: February 17, 2009 06:31PM

Thanks for the responses.

I was thinking about doing the Master Cleanse fast. I've done it before several times for eight days or so. I wonder if doing it for longer might reduce the size of the fibroids?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 17, 2009 06:40PM

Hi, Most likely the fibroids are very big, and therefore you are not noticing any weight loss change. I recently used herbs for 6 months, and although it was difficult, I got rid of the fibroids naturally. If you want to know what herbs I took to get rid of them, please email me. I am not a Dr., nor am I selling anything,

Peace.

Date: February 17, 2009 06:46PM

Yes, Rose1963 the fibroid is a big one and I look like I'm a couple of months pregnant.

I would definitely like to know what herbs you used. I've sent you a private message.

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: February 17, 2009 07:48PM

Aviva

I also find it difficult to lose weight. I know in my case it is because i have an underactive thyroid. I eat so much less than i used to but it makes no difference to my weight. Being 100% raw helps in this respect but there are many reasons why that is difficult for me to achieve.

I have a dear friend who also wishes to get rid of her fibroid naturally and so i shall be interested to hear of your progress - unfortunately she isn't in the right place to accept a raw diet so I am just supporting her in her choices.

Are you anaemic? this can be a problem when one has fibroids - tiredness then makes exercise more of a challenge.

I am thinking of you and wishing you all the best - do keep us posted, maybe don't worry too much about your weight now but look for the best health you can achieve to help you deal with the fibroids.

Date: February 17, 2009 08:33PM

Hi flipperjan

Yes, I'm always prone to being anaemic, so that makes exercise difficult. The smallest exertion, like carrying shopping bags, leaves me so tired I have to lie down afterwards sometimes. I've been like this since 2001 so I'm used to it now as a lifestyle but it makes returning to good health more complex.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables