Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Nutritional Info for SOAKED/SPROUTED nuts, etc?
Posted by: musicbebe ()
Date: February 13, 2009 03:55PM

Does anyone know where we can get nutritional info for raw, soaked or sprouted nuts and nut milks? Since that would be different for raw, but ungerminated nuts or nut milks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nutritional Info for SOAKED/SPROUTED nuts, etc?
Date: February 17, 2009 07:41PM

Anybody?

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 17, 2009 09:40PM

musicbebe,

As far as I can tell from searches that I've done in books and online, NO ONE has done any research into the nutritional values for raw soaked or sprouted nuts. I just assume that nothing beneficial is diminished in soaking or sprouting, and go by the estimated nutrition of the raw, unsoaked and unsprouted kind. You can find that info lots of places, including the labels on nut cannisters in the bulk section of your local health food store. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. If you really must know something more specific, try contacting Tree of Life in Arizona or the Hippocrates Health Institute in Florida--they might have done some research for their own use and not published it. Good luck.

Date: February 19, 2009 03:41PM

Tamukha,

Thank you for your advice!

I did find this summary of a study done on the effects of germination on a particular type of nut. The summary doesn't give the specifics I was looking for, so I gotta try and access the whole article. Also, it's for a type of nut I don't consume anyway, though it does give findings that are likely relevant for other types of nuts.

[www.springerlink.com]

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 19, 2009 08:47PM

Interesting! I believe this is a type of peanut. Curious that germination decreased protein, although this could be because the seed is devouring itself in order to grow, and needs to convert whatever it can to fuel. Thanks for finding this.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables