Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

A Thank You to All the Living Food Trailblazers
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: February 22, 2009 04:22AM

You -- raw food pioneers of past eras, as well as modern 'gurus' -- have enriched my life. As many are quick to point out, you aren't perfect; every one of you has (or had, in the case of those no longer with us) human frailties. But that doesn't matter to me right now. In fact, I appreciate you all the more for striving to rise above your human struggles in order to 'channel' and share a higher order of information with humanity. You had those shining qualities that stand out like diamonds on the shores of human consciousness: imagination, intellectual curiosity and open-mindedness, a passion for truth, and a healthy disregard for tradition or what others think.

Arnold Ehret
Victoras Kulvinskas
Ann Wigmore
Joe Alexander
Paul Bragg
V. Vetrano
Herbert Shelton
T.C. Fry
David Wolfe
Dr. Sniadich
Shazzie
Roe Gallo
David Klein
Douglas Graham
Gabriel Cousens
Tonya Zavasta
Victoria Boutenko & family
Joel Fuhrman
Rhio
Brian Au
Juliano
Brian Clement
Richard Blackman
Our own Bryan (Moderator)

This is a very limited list; I know I'm missing three-quarters of the names. But I just want to share my immense gratitude for those who have inspired me over the years, ever since that red letter day when I picked up an Arnold Ehret book in 1975 and couldn't put it down.

There's been a lot of talk about the faults of raw gurus on the board lately. It's okay to have realistic discussions about the raw food movement, but I think we owe these people a debt of gratitude, whatever their shortcomings. Sure, we have our intuition and inner guidance to lead us, but we also stand on their shoulders, having gained enormous insight from their research and work.

Just my 2 cents-worth. :-)

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A Thank You to All the Living Food Trailblazers
Posted by: roxeli ()
Date: February 22, 2009 04:49AM

Yes, it is time we acknowledge and appreciate their contributions to the raw food movement. Where would we be without those who have paved the way before us? Many of us embarked on our journeys as a result of their writings.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2009 04:54AM by roxeli.

Posted by: tropical ()
Date: February 22, 2009 04:52AM

That's cool kwan, yes, a thank you to all those and others, and especially to those on this board who inspire us all every day.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: February 22, 2009 05:00AM

Kwan, a lovely tribute!

Posted by: Kit ()
Date: February 22, 2009 05:13AM

Yes kwan, I agree. How would we have most of our information without them. What could be more valuable than learning about our health.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: February 22, 2009 07:01AM

I agree. Its a good thing not to have to re-invent the wheel and start at the beginning but rather to use the information and help that trailblazers have graciously shared with all of us. smiling smiley

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 22, 2009 03:09PM

Wonderful post, Kwan! I am so grateful for all these people, but no less so for those that "shepherd" me every day on these boards--including you! smiling smiley

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: February 22, 2009 04:54PM

Yeah, Kwan -- put yourself on that list, because you are one of the most inspiring ones I've come across!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables