Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

new on board
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 20, 2009 08:05PM

hello everybody well this is all so new for me. ive been dipping and dabbing for a couple of months,and althou i wasnt constant i still lost 11lbs. but im trying to stick with raw foods because i believe there is so much stuff being put in our foods today. i mean if they give the chickens a shot to fatten them up and we eat the chickhen that fattens us up too. now i cant blame it all on the chickhen, but i am over 300lb and dont want to do surgery. so bare with me because i have a lot of questions i have been reading how you all pitch in to advise and support one anther and i like that. 1st question, is fruit a carb and if you eat only fruit can that lead to dibeties, and how many bananas per day can you eat? can you o d on the patassium.and i didnt know you could just have one veg (spinich)and one fruit (banana) i was putting 2and 3 of each in the blender along with a tsp of wheat grass and a tbs of apple cider vingar, and it was sometimes a bit much, iv got to learn meals too i eat the basic salad and the smoothies, so come people and advise me,and thank you in advance for your help.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: new on board
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: February 20, 2009 08:13PM

welcome to the site ! smiling smiley i hope you can manage to avoid surgery .. in fact i bet you can ! smiling smiley fruits have alot of carbs but fruits dont lead you to diabetes. there is alot of info on there about the fat/diabetes connection smiling smiley

i think you could OD on just about anything if you tried , so i think moderation is the key .. especially if you are not overly active smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: February 20, 2009 09:36PM

Welcome, Ms V !

Read lots and listen to your body. There are as many different ways to eat as their are people.

There are many of us under the umbrella of raw, vegan food. Hang around and you will find your way.

I love this food!

Date: February 21, 2009 06:15AM

Thank you for your warm welcome and cool advise. i bought a big jar of wheat grass powder, then i discovered there is a juice too, so which is better? and how much should i have a day? also i have been buying fresh veg as well as frozen, dose it matter much? last one, bread may be hard to break thats my weakness, can i have wheat buttered toast? is that a big no no?

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: February 21, 2009 10:46AM

Welcome

I think if you try and add more fresh raw everyday and less cooked you will be going in the right direction. Toast is very hard for some people to give up - if you find it difficult at least move to a vegan margerine and cut out all dairy.

Fresh veg is always going to be better than frozen.

I wouldn't worry too much about buying potions, powders and pills. I don't think supplements are necessary (except Vit B12). Again nothing beats fresh fruit and veg, un tampered with.

The very best of luck and do keep in touch you will get lots of support here

Posted by: Pistachio ()
Date: February 21, 2009 03:03PM

Ms V:

You may find Philip's experience to be encouraging since before raw he too was in a dilemma similar to yours.

Wishing you vibrant health

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: February 21, 2009 05:31PM

Welcome ms v

Think FRESH and you you'll be on the fast track to better health & wellness.

Re: first time i bought a egg plant
Date: February 22, 2009 02:53PM

trying to introduce myself to new veggies so what do i do with it?

califlower preparations
Date: February 24, 2009 05:47PM

i bought some organic califlower im i suppose to eat the thick stems and the leafs on them ? or can i put them in my smoothy? or just throw them away?

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: February 24, 2009 06:16PM

I think you could eat those stems if you like them or throw them away if you don't (or better yet, compost them if you don't like them).

I like cauliflower chunks tossed into a tender green or red lettuce salad.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 24, 2009 06:20PM

ms v,

Welcome! As for cauliflower, it's just like a head of broccoli: The stem is nice and tender if you peel the outside flesh, which is bitter and tough. The leaves are usually sweet if they aren't withered--throw them in a salad. Keep us posted!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables