Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Question Bryan .. . About Sitting on the Floor
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: November 25, 2008 05:53AM

I know this is nothing about food but .... smiling smiley

Bryan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What helped me in my process was to remove all
> chair out of my living space. I sit on the floor
> when I use my computer and when I eat. At home, I
> only sit on the floor.
>
thats interesting Bryan .. aftering having a deskjob for nearly 15 years when i am at home i cant stand sitting in chairs, couches, etc .. when we are out and about in the summertime .. often i will sit in the grass with hosts/hostesses scrambling to get me a chair and i have to reassure them no really .. I am more comfortable on the ground due to my back and sitting in chairs all day

i have gone through 3 kinda lap top trays that just arent suitable for sitting and working on the ground .. I find I am getting to the point where I am gonna have to have a carpenter come in and do some measuring and make me something suitable custom made .. the store bought kinda lap tables are all either too low (causing me to stoop) or too high and stressing out my carpal to shoulder joints/ligaments.

What have you found to that could perhaps solve my problem? There is another $50 desk/bed tray ive found but I am kinda hesitant to sink more money into something thats gonna end up on freecyle once again ...

any ideas?

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Question Bryan .. . About Sitting on the Floor
Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: November 25, 2008 12:38PM

I'm not Bryan, but what about an old coffee table? You can cut the legs down to whatever height you want.

Posted by: veggiefreak ()
Date: November 25, 2008 06:12PM

Where is the original thread? Sounds very interesting. Thanks for re-posting this....I was just thinking about getting a table that allows everyone to sit on the floor! Huh, a sign maybe? winking smiley

Date: November 25, 2008 06:56PM

sorry veggie .. heres the original link smiling smiley
[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Thanks Sundancer ive tried the shortened table idea but didnt do a bang up job of it im afraid lol .. tongue sticking out smiley

The problem is i need a bit of tilt as well or something adjustable maybe .. my arms dont seem to work very well in a strait out typing ..a tilt seems to take the pressure off

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: November 25, 2008 07:40PM

Hi Jodi,

I don't use a laptop regularly, but I have a Mac Mini. I keep my monitor on top of another PC I have (though I've raised it using a large book - a dictionary). My keyboard I keep on a small fruit box - a boxed used to hold 5 pounds of satsumas. My mouse I keep on a shorter box.

I'm going to make a wooden keyboard stand now that I've found the dimensions I like. The height of the keyboard ought to be a few inches below your elbows.

I have a old dining room table (for eating) that has been shortened for so that I can sit on the floor, though I often don't use it much nowadays. Most recently I just put out a blanket on the floor, and sit on the blanket with my plates.

Date: November 25, 2008 07:55PM

Bryan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm going to make a wooden keyboard stand now that
> I've found the dimensions I like. The height of
> the keyboard ought to be a few inches below your
> elbows.

this seems to be the problem with storebought ones ..they are all higher ..not lower .. thats where i thought the tilt would come in handy ... even 1 hour using the bedtable i bought i can feel the nerves pinching off on the inside of my elbow area

thanks for the info i will keep questing or modify something to my comfort smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2008 07:56PM by Jgunn.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables