Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What is your average daily food intake?
Posted by: ErikSkulasonUSA ()
Date: March 09, 2008 06:14PM

Just a statistical question.

Pls. give some details - perhaps something in this style (or maybe you can find a better way):

Total (average) 8 pounds: 2 qt in blended greens and misc. veggies, 4 pounds in juicy fruits, 2 qt juices, etc.

(I am just curious, since I always eat a lot (before raw - and the same after 11 months of raw - with my BMI kept into the "normal" limits).

Pls. excuse my English - foreigner.

=============================================================
Medicine, Food Industry and Commerce are businesses.
Is their goal to make/keep me healthy or to make more profit?
=============================================================

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is your average daily food intake?
Posted by: arugula ()
Date: March 09, 2008 09:33PM

I think for me it is about 3 lbs sweet fruit, 2 lbs vegetables and nonsweet fruit, handful of nuts/seeds and beans each.

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: March 10, 2008 05:30PM

hey erik, a lot of people posted their daily intake on this thread: [www.rawfoodsupport.com]

also if you go to the monthly raw food challenge section at alissa cohen's site, people who are doing the challenge log their food intake there each day. [www.rawfoodtalk.com]

Posted by: flex4life ()
Date: March 10, 2008 05:59PM

Wow, that's alot of food.

For me 2 apples, 2 bananas, half romain lettuce head, half cup steel cut oats, hemp protein powder, udo's choice 3-6-9 and that's it.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2008 06:01PM by flex4life.

Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: March 11, 2008 12:04AM

That's a pretty interesting day menu flex4life. Was this something you naturally adapted to or were influenced by someone else's suggestions?? I actually like the concept. :O)

Posted by: veggiefreak ()
Date: March 11, 2008 02:40AM

How do you eat your steel cut oats flex4life? In smoothies?
I agree with tanwana - eventually we need less, I am not quite there yet, but I can feel that I AM on my way and portions and the times that I am eating are getting less and less. Veggie

Posted by: flex4life ()
Date: March 11, 2008 05:05AM

tanawana- well, this is pretty much my own experience but i'm continuosly re-adjusting it. My plan isn't too rigid and I will chang eup the fruits and greens as I feel fit. I actually think I should up my intake since I am starting to workout more. So I'll probably add an avocado, and more lettuce.

veggiefreak- I soak my steel cut oats overnight and then I make a smoothie with coconut oil, banana, agave nectar and hemp seeds.

peace!

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2008 05:05AM by flex4life.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: March 11, 2008 01:30PM

High fat and/or high protein raw diets are not only a lot cheaper, they are also a lot easier to cart around and take up a much smaller volume. Some people here are taking in 70% fat diets. Or, if one does 50% fat and 20% protein that leaves only a limited calorie need for fruits and vegetables. But I am not convinced that this is the better choice, which is why I limit my intake of both and end up with mountains of produce to go through each day.

Posted by: gorillawar ()
Date: March 11, 2008 02:05PM

flex4life Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Wow, that's alot of food.

For me 2 apples, 2 bananas, half romain lettuce head, half cup steel cut oats, hemp protein powder, udo's choice 3-6-9 and that's it.

Then you wrote:

veggiefreak- I soak my steel cut oats overnight and then I make a smoothie with coconut oil, banana, agave nectar and hemp seeds.

Hemp seeds, coconut oil, and agave nectar probably add a good deal more calories. If someone is not eating their calories in fat and doing it more with greens and sweet fruit then they would naturally eat more food. One can eat 1 tbsp of coconut oil or 1/2 pound of apples. 1/2 a cup of oats equals another pound of apples. Apples are way more calorie dense than say romaine lettuce or say spinach.
The amount in pounds of produce to equal oats, coconut oil, and hemp seeds is considerable.

I would be wary of comparing what one person eats to another in volume rather than type of food.

Posted by: gorillawar ()
Date: March 11, 2008 02:29PM

Just and ammend.

15 cups of romaine lettuce = 118 calories and weighs in at 1 lb. It also gives almost 100% of your daily iron and 14 grams of protein along with other nutrients.

Posted by: mira ()
Date: March 11, 2008 05:09PM

gorillawar

ha! its amazing how so much lettuce contains only 118 calories! i did not know that it provides the daily iron needs...Cool

Flex4life

You know what? You're really hot (sorry, i had to)

I usually eat about 1/2-1 lb of sprouts
1 lb of vegetables
a couple of fruits
3 tablespoons of coconut oil
Sometimes, sprouted almonds, sprouted sunflower seeds, flax seeds, hemp hearts

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 03, 2009 04:32PM

i usually have this in a day (but i am a newbie to all raw, was vegan for 1.5 years):

B- green smoothie w/ cilantro, spinach, romaine, kiwi, blueberries, coconut water
L- raw soup and raw thai salad or bok choy
S- pumpkin seeds, banana or apple, nori sheets
D- raw nori rolls with avocado, sprouts, carrot

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables