Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

booooo alcohol!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 04, 2009 04:39PM

ok, so ive been almost 100% raw for 2 weeks and decided to have a couple of cocktails last night.....terrible idea! the more i delve into this lovely new lifestyle i find that these excess DEMONS take a much larger toll on my body. That being said, I am a 24 year old college student whose peers and family dont really understand my infatuation with the beautiful raw lifestyle (but that doesnt deter me most times).....i just wanted to say that i cna now notice such a huge difference the next day after i have had even one drink....sluggish, not looking forward to workouts or even the day for that matter. on the contrary, on my all raw days i feel so much better and have a zest for life! i just want to hear all of your opinions on how and why alcohol does not fit into this lifestyle, because i completely agree smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: booooo alcohol!
Posted by: C. Dove ()
Date: March 04, 2009 05:59PM

I hear you....the more vitality,the less tolerance.

Posted by: shane ()
Date: March 05, 2009 04:01AM

I've almost stopped drinking alcohol entirely, too. Which makes me kind of boring. But it's difficult for me to read about the effects of alcohol on the body, and still enjoy drinking. I miss red wine, though. But I think red wine, and all alcohol, is terrible for so many organs.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: March 05, 2009 04:26AM

I think the answer to how bad booze is for the body can be found in how bad the hangover feels.
How can something that makes you sick be good for you ?

Posted by: meganbubbs ()
Date: March 05, 2009 09:00PM

I'm a 24yr old college student and I don't really drink either. Maybe once every 6 months? My peers don't really understand but that doesn't really matter to me because I know I'm doing what is best for my body. When I do drink, red wine or tequila, I can never get any REM sleep, and the next day I feel so crappy it takes me almost the whole day and lots of coconut water to recover and to get rid of headache. It's really not worth it, and I feel so much better being sober, the people I meet are so much more interesting then any drinkers I would ever meet at the bar. Alcohol is a poison, I have no doubts about that.

Posted by: MrHaney ()
Date: March 06, 2009 01:13AM

You can easily avoid hangovers by not drinking too much and only buying tannin free red wines.

The one thing I will not give up is my Friday night bottle of red sipped ever so slowly over 4 hours. Life is too short!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2009 01:14AM by MrHaney.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables