Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Raw Vegan Workouts: How did You Train Today?
Posted by: richard blackman ()
Date: February 11, 2009 05:47AM

1) How did you train today?
2) What did you eat today?
3) What can you do to improve?
4) What's stopping you from consistantly operating at your best?

TAKE ACTION!!!

RB

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw Vegan Workouts: How did You Train Today?
Date: February 11, 2009 06:35AM

Who's gonna bite, who's gonna dare to be held accountable here!?

You'll get plenty of FREE support here...what you got to lose!?

RB

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 11, 2009 06:39AM

I need something to train for to train. So I'm looking for that. Haven't found it yet.

Posted by: globalresult ()
Date: February 11, 2009 06:50AM

Richard,

Thanks I got a question for you.

Some on this board might be coachflaxcrackers how do you recommend you take someone from zero to hero?

Do you suggest same body parts each day?

A certain amount of time to work out like 1/2 hour a day for x # of weeks and then increase?

What do you recommend in recovery stretching?

Posted by: roxeli ()
Date: February 11, 2009 07:02AM

I did 30 minutes of strength training and 10 minutes of ab/core. I still have 120 pushups to do before bed. I'm experimenting with different variations of the pushup.

I'm on Day 2 of a 3 Day juice fast so I had plenty of green juices and chamomile tea.

I probably need to up my weights, especially during my lower body. I'm using 8 lb. hand weights during squats and lunges which is too easy for me but out of laziness I haven't tried to challenge myself with heavier weights.

I have plantar fasciitis on my left foot. It's a very painful condition. I'm going through the worse flare up ever, probably triggered by over training.

I love the idea of an accountability thread here. I do this on several fitness forums. Good idea RB.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: February 11, 2009 07:38AM

6: am 1 hour at the pool ... 10 minute intervals with 5 min breaks in the steam room and sauna , of 25 meter lenthts working out right rotator cuff injury... breast stroke , backstroke , crawl and sidestrokes

breakfast was coconut milk pineapple smoothie
lunch was a huge mixed greens salad with sunflower seeds, olive oil and garlic dressing
dinner green smoothie of spinach, citrus, and the last of my frozen kiwis *sob*
snacks throughout the day .. almonds, couple of plums, 1 nectarine

always striving for that extra minute longer .. extra pound of weight

gennerally work gets in my way but for the most part i work around it winking smiley shoulder injury makes some of the simplest tasks throughout the day painfull and frustrating

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: rufio ()
Date: February 11, 2009 09:58AM

I can't train as hard as I want to because I fear of not getting enough calories. Also, I know it will cost me more $$$ to buy more fruits.

Posted by: EricJohannes ()
Date: February 11, 2009 02:31PM

The day is still early, but I got up at 5 am and went to the gym. By 7:00 am I had run 4.5 miles on a treadmill (high paced with inclines), shot baskets (I take 200 shots every day), and lifted weights (free weights for toning not bulk). I've eaten 5 bananas, had 3 glasses of water, and 2/3 of a blender carafe of green smoothie. On my lunch break, I'll skateboard for 45 minutes, probably eat a couple more bananas and suck down a glass of red wine (Not for the alleged health benefits but instead because I like a mild buzz to get me through the 2nd half of the day). For the rest of the day, I'll finish the pitcher of smoothie, maybe keep munching on a little fruit, and have some quinoa with raw veggies and olive oil and/or half an avocado. After work, I'll probably have some mind-blowing sex and then pass out around 9 o'clock, only to wake up tomorrow morning and do it again. Tomorrow, I'll do yoga instead of weight lifting. I don't worry about being my "best." I don't even know what that is. In the moment, I love my life. In the next moment, I might hate it, but in this moment, I'm fine.

Date: February 11, 2009 03:49PM

If you think YOU have reasons why you can't be more consistant...WATCH THIS!!!!

[www.youtube.com]

Where there's a will there's a way!

RB

Date: February 11, 2009 03:52PM

Thanks for your input and for stepping up Jgunn/Roxeli....ain't nutton to it but ta do it!

Look for ways to train AROUND your injuries not on them but I'm sure you guys are on top off that...big thumbs up to you both!!!

RB

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2009 04:01PM by richard blackman.

Date: February 11, 2009 04:06PM

I don't know why people feel defensive or guilty because they feel they "HAVE TO" train, nobody has to train....I train because I love it, if you don't like training then don't because the object here is to simply get active with activities you love to do!

Training/fitness doesn't have to be "exercise" as we all know it or going to the gym and throwing weights around, you can make fitness anything you want it to be, such as gardening, shopping, walking at your job, playing with the children/pets, etc....with plenty of imagination you can work out many ways to get your workout in.

Do what you love and love what you do....but do it intensely!!!!

RB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2009 04:16PM by richard blackman.

Date: February 11, 2009 04:11PM

Useful info...you don't have to agree with any of it...can take it or leave it!

Building Muscle On Raw Diet.
[www.youtube.com]

Bodyweight Exercise Tutorials:

Exercise Tutorials: Mixed
[www.youtube.com]

Exercise Tutorials: Core
[www.youtube.com]

Exercise Tutorials: Lower Body
[www.youtube.com]

Exercise Tutorials: Upper Body
[www.youtube.com]

RB

Date: February 11, 2009 06:25PM

globalresult Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Richard,
>
> Thanks I got a question for you.
>
> Some on this board might be coachflaxcrackers how
> do you recommend you take someone from zero to
> hero?
>
> Do you suggest same body parts each day?
>
> A certain amount of time to work out like 1/2 hour
> a day for x # of weeks and then increase?
>
> What do you recommend in recovery stretching?

Wassup Globalresult...hope this helps!

I work with my clients on a one to one level and each client has different needs for different reasons, I spend time doing my research on the clients I work with, there's no guess work or cookie cutter routine I copy or follow, I work closely and intuitively with my clients and together we'll work on the task at hand in a way that is easy to maintain and is most enjoyable.

RB

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: February 11, 2009 06:49PM

All right, I'll go.

Workout so far: About 1.5 hours of walking with a large carrying case (comparable to small suitcase). I will run 30 min., do stairs, and jumprope later as well.

Food so far: 3 green smoothies (with collards, kale, spinach, and apples), apple-carrot-celery juice, about 5 cups of mixed berries (black, blue, straw, and rasp), 2 cups of mango/papaya.

Date: February 11, 2009 07:10PM

Utopian Life Wrote:
> All right, I'll go.
>
> Workout so far: About 1.5 hours of walking with a
> large carrying case (comparable to small
> suitcase). I will run 30 min., do stairs, and
> jumprope later as well.
>
> Food so far: 3 green smoothies (with collards,
> kale, spinach, and apples), apple-carrot-celery
> juice, about 5 cups of mixed berries (black, blue,
> straw, and rasp), 2 cups of mango/papaya.

Good stepping up!

RB

Date: February 11, 2009 07:22PM

If anybody wants a reason to train, how about being prepared for any emergency situation, like being able to lift yourself or loved ones out of a burning car/plane or house, being able to fight off or run from attackers, how about being active just for the fun of it or because it makes you happy, how about being able to provide/gather for yourself, how about your health and quality of life depending on you getting and staying active/fit.

Being Raw Vegan and eating all the gourmet stuff you can eat is all fine and dandy but you gotta get active, fit and in shape, getting fit isn't about beating someone else in competition or trying to be better than anybody else like the lazy Raw Vegans would like to make you think, it's about improving your quality of life and living life to the fullest according to your personal needs.

So now what's the excuse!?

RB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2009 07:24PM by richard blackman.

Date: February 11, 2009 08:17PM

Richard,

Just watched you building muscle videos one of the best videos I have seen on this subject matter.

You come across as a very nice and most importantley real guy.

Keep up the great work.

I totally agree with your reasons to train.

Date: February 11, 2009 08:41PM

globalresult Wrote:
> Richard,
>
> Just watched you building muscle videos one of the
> best videos I have seen on this subject matter.
>
> You come across as a very nice and most
> importantley real guy.
>
> Keep up the great work.
>
> I totally agree with your reasons to train.

Hey thanks buddy, that means a lot!!!

RB

Date: February 12, 2009 12:10AM

Richard,

Just watching your upper body workout while on break here.

Your in fantastic functional shape.

The muscle up, Burbees, one arm chin ups etc. Outstanding.

When I was in the army we got in amazing shape not by going to the Gym but by a lot of things you are showing here.

Way to go.

Now with the dips etc. many do not live in a warm environment this time of the year do you have any videos on doing things indoors like pull ups etc?

Do you work with your clients under any weather conditions and do you also have boot camps where people can drive or fly down?

Date: February 12, 2009 12:19AM

globalresult Wrote:
> Richard,
>
> Just watching your upper body workout while on
> break here.
>
> Your in fantastic functional shape.
>
> The muscle up, Burbees, one arm chin ups etc.
> Outstanding.
>
> When I was in the army we got in amazing shape not
> by going to the Gym but by a lot of things you are
> showing here.
>
> Way to go.
>
> Now with the dips etc. many do not live in a warm
> environment this time of the year do you have any
> videos on doing things indoors like pull ups etc?
>
> Do you work with your clients under any weather
> conditions and do you also have boot camps where
> people can drive or fly down?

Yeah, the trick is to be more functional, that's why there's no reason why anybody can't get fit!

I keep my work pretty open to what the client needs, I'm actually preparing a boot camp in New Zealand right now for late March!

RB

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: February 12, 2009 01:32AM

yep so many folks stall on working out because they think they need all sorts of fancy equipment

thanks for the vids richard it really helps to get ideas to mix things upsmiling smiley

and yes Richard im working around the shoulder at least for another week or so, ive been doing alot of quad, core and back and just staying off the arms for now or so, i switched beds last night and think my other mattress was aggrevating the problem more then anything and not letting it heal proper.. i finally had a decent nights sleep last night without jumping up in pain everytime i rolled over to that side.

lesson to all ..do not grab the shower curtain when you slip in the tub .. it wont help you at all! tongue sticking out smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: meow ()
Date: February 12, 2009 02:17AM

This is a great idea!

My workout today was a 2 mile run to warm up, then hard upper body weights and 15 mins. core work. I planned on doing a bit more but have been lightheaded for the past few days (fighting off all the germs at work perhaps!). My job is also a workout :-)

Food was quite a few bananas, some with raw cacao powder, a green smoothie, an apple, a mango, lots of strawberries, a big green salad w/ veggies and raw mushrooms, a Lara Bar and some lightly steamed broccoli/cauliflower. Oh and 2 clementines.

Posted by: roxeli ()
Date: February 12, 2009 07:47AM

Today, I did "Hip Hop Abs - Fat Burning Cardio" with my man Shaun T. Until my foot heals up, I'm keeping it low impact. Hopefully, I can return to my cardio kickboxing in a few more weeks.

I also have my standard push em ups to do before bed. I'm also doing all these different variations of the push up like, push ups w/ side planks, alligator push ups, clap push ups (I can only do 3 of those), incline push ups. scissor push ups, and others.

Today was Day 3 of my fast and my daughter mad me the best smoothie ever to break my fast. It was a pineapple, orange, banana, strawberry, lime, spinach, and carrot smoothie.

Posted by: paulieGB ()
Date: February 12, 2009 11:18AM

This morning's workout, outside =
Started with pressups 4 sets of 15, different angles, to warm up.
= bench press 4 sets 8 - 15 reps
= incline bench press 1 set 8 reps
= high incline wall push ups 2 sets 8 reps
= chin ups 2 sets 8 reps
= pulldowns 3 sets 12 - 20 reps
= bent-over rows 4 sets 10 - 15 reps
= face pulls 3 sets 12 - 15 reps
= military press (standing) 4 sets 8 - 15 reps
= 21's barbell curls 3 sets
= dips 4 sets 15 - 25 reps
I then finished of with star jumps 350 reps.

Im working lower body tomorrow, can't wait for that.

I had a fresh carrot juice 1 pint with 2 scoops (28grams protein) of raw organic hemp protein, after i finished my workout.

Im hoping to up the intensity every day , (im just getting back into weight training)
Also i wan't to do WAY more star jumps than i did today, ill be working on these, they felt great today, i don't usually do them but i will be from now on, i wan't to get to 1000 star jumps every day , 4 sets of 250,''minimum''
Maybe 3 sets of 500 star jumps will do the trick, i wan't to be working my heart for about 30 mins or more after my weight training.

Can anyone think of any other great exercises to get the heart going , that don't hit the legs to hard ?

Paulie.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2009 11:21AM by paulieGB.

Date: February 12, 2009 12:36PM

How did you train today Richard ?

Date: February 12, 2009 01:15PM

paulieGB Wrote:
> How did you train today Richard ?

I don't train in the fall/winter...I hibanate with the rest of the animals...USUALLY!!! but with the mild winter we are having here there's still some sunshine so I'm finding myself power/speed walking/hiking and doing whatever resistance exercises I feel like which maybe muscle ups, clapping dips, windscreen wipers, standing roll outs, etc nothing serious but like I say I'm not in real training mode till the spring and summer, that's when I do all my training. I'm also using this time to experiment too.

RB

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2009 01:27PM by richard blackman.

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: February 12, 2009 01:57PM

Paulie.

I was never into the cardio thing..as I used to ride my bike many miles each day to work.

as of the last 6 months I'm very sedentary so I've worked some simple - 'prison-style' I guess one would say - cardio into my body weight routines

if i'm doing upper body stuff. I do a type of push up called a hindu pushup---that is essentially moving from downward dog to upward - or cobra in a circular motion. These can be very tireing as I can do maybe 60-75 regular push ups in a row and maybe only 20-30 if I am lucky of these. I take small breaks and continue as much as I have time for.

so if I am doing those..a good cardio to work in I have taken from a kundalini set actually... I think it is called ' horse running'.

basically you get on all fours but with your legs out almost pushup length but spread..and you alternate lifting your arms and clenching your chest while peddeling your feet. I guarantee if someone is just starting this they can't do it for more then a few minutes without getting out of breath and marathon type pains smiling smiley especially when I do them right after push-ups or dips

another which seems misleading easy is getting in a similar type position ( not squatting per se) and doing a frog type jump with arms perpendicular to the floor.

theres also a hindu type squat - which is another circular body-wegith squat which gets the cardio going with many reps...there are videos or this on youtube I think.

I do some differnt stuff when I do biceps or shoulders but this is already getting too complicated I think. I would actually just look into certain yoga exercises and add reps. just flaiing your arms around for as many minutes as you can is a really good cardio/detox lol.

best of luck to you.

[www.giveittomeraw.com]

Date: February 12, 2009 02:03PM

Great thank you for that smiling smiley

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: February 12, 2009 02:21PM

Hey Richard--

That Dustin Carter vid was extremely inspiring -- I'll get off my ass now!!!

It's morning so I haven't worked out yet, but am going to the gym to do a half hour on the elliptical, some crunches (I've let myself get somewhat out of shape, so I'll prob. only do 120-150) and a stretching class. I usually walk every day that the weather lets me, I do yoga classes 2-3 times a week and a little on my own, and I go to the gym once or twice a week, but I'm revising my schedule and am going to try for four times a week.

I just sucked down a smoothie with kale, mango and banana, and before that I had 3c. of lemon cayenne drink (instead of coffee, which I have recently weaned myself off of -- again!). I'll probably have a big bowl of my raw soup (avo, miso, spirulina, carrots, sprouts, spicy pepper blend and mushrooms), and later I'll have a big salad and maybe a raw pasta or something. I try not to overthink my food because my partner comes home from work (the local co-op) every day with some produce that we incorporate into dinner.

I too do a lot more exercise in the spring and summer and fall -- love to hike with my little family!

So I can improve by not being on the computer so much!!! The New England winters don't help this! I am wrestling with lack of discipline in my life. I have been very disciplined and very productive in the past, and have been working on this as a 2009 resolution for sure, but I find that it is definitely a process!!! I have written up some schedule charts to work from, and when I use them I get a lot done. Also, I need to remind myself that I am worth having a healthy, rocking body and am still not too old to have this for myself (and my hubby)!

Thanks for the thread, Richard!!!

Date: February 12, 2009 03:06PM

Sundancer Wrote:
> Hey Richard--
>
> So I can improve by not being on the computer so
> much!!! The New England winters don't help this! I
> am wrestling with lack of discipline in my life.
>
> Thanks for the thread, Richard!!!

Do what you love and love what you do and you'll be amazed at how much training you'll do and how much fitter you'll get!

RB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2009 03:07PM by richard blackman.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables