Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

food regulation bill
Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: March 18, 2009 05:32AM

i'm surprised i haven't seen this on the board yet.

i heard about this on another board. i'll copy and paste what the topic starter said, since he said cuz lazy:

Hello everyone. Over this past week, we have been talking with local farmers about a new bill that is being proposed, HR 875. I am still learning about it and its ramifications if passed. It appears to be moving quickly. I think it has some positive aspects regarding big agricultural companies, but am concerned about the "one size fits all" feel and how it will affect the smaller farmers, like those we work with. The Cornucopia Institute is working on analyzing it and doesn't have any info about it on its site yet. Natural news posted [www.naturalnews.com]. Apparently, the sponsor, Rose DeLauro (Senator from Connecticut) has affiliations with Monsanto.

Another helpful link is [food.change.org]

Anyway, I don't have much more info, but didn't want to wait until I learned everything to let you all know about it. Time may be limited on this issue.

what do u think?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: food regulation bill
Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: March 18, 2009 06:56AM

I think this same topic may have been deleted from the forum just yesterday or today, because it's considered "politics". It might have been moved, but I can't find it.

If it was deleted, I think that's too bad. I know several people here would like to see "food politics" allowed on the forum. Maybe if we all ask for it, "food politics" will be reinstated.

How about it Bryan? Would you mind asking John for us?.....Please? smiling smiley

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: March 18, 2009 03:03PM

suncloud,

Nope, it's still over in Other Health Related; top thread.

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: March 18, 2009 05:12PM

Yes I would like to see food politics here in the main section, as well, as it's a matter of primary importance and I think I can safely assume that like me, nobody reads any of the other sections.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: March 18, 2009 06:20PM

sunshine79 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
I think I can safely assume that
> like me, nobody reads any of the other sections.

really? i find alot of us actually read through the whole forums most days .. theres tons of good info besides in the main thread smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: March 18, 2009 06:37PM

I skim through most of the forums most days too. I am also very concerned about this bill, and I definitely want to be able to discuss food related politics like this here, as long as it is non-partisan and non-confrontational within this community, as in let's not argue over politics!

Posted by: swimmer ()
Date: March 18, 2009 06:45PM

The thread is here:
[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

I posted links to the library of congress, so we could read the actual text of the bill.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: March 18, 2009 10:16PM

Yes, it's on the Health-Related Off-Topics forum.

This thread will probably get moved there, as well, but I'm thinking that'll be a great place to discuss food politics. There seems to be quite a bit of interest among board members in being able to discuss food-related political issues, which I'm real glad glad to see.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables