Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw food and mercury fillings
Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: March 24, 2009 10:03AM

Has anyone had experience (or known anyone who has) of raw food somehow 'lifting' the mercury fillings out of teeth? I know this seems strange, but I remember reading something about this once, and something interesting has happened to one of my lower left molars.

Instead of the silver looking 'dark', it has now taken on the appearance of a film of silver foil blanketing the teeth.

Although I know that of course the answer is to get the stuff out (I've had a couple of fillings replaced already, but...finances!),just wondered if anyone had experienced similar.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw food and mercury fillings
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 24, 2009 10:29AM

I haven't heard that specifically. I eat alot of foods that remove mercury from the body, including cilantro, chlorella, garlic, sea vegetables, liquid zeolite from TheRawDiet, miso soup, cilantro pesto pasta, etc... , I've read that miso actually removes radiation from the body

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: March 24, 2009 12:57PM

I remember reading about Sergei Boutenko having something like that happen. I will have to look in their book to read up on it again. Ever since reading about it, I have wondered if that would happen to me.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: March 24, 2009 08:44PM

I think it's best to save up the money, and have the mercury fillings removed - as soon as possible. Mercury fillings are actually part of an amalgam of several metals. The other metals are supposed to encase the mercury, thereby providing some protection from mercury exposure. As those other metals corrode, the level of mercury exposure increases.

If you're seeing changes in the metals, those changes could indicate some dangerous corrosion of the somewhat protective amalgam encasement.

ALL levels of exposure are dangerous. The greater the level of exposure, the greater the danger to your health.

If you wait for the amalgam to break up completely so that the mercury can be eliminated "naturally", then you could be exposing yourself to ALL of the mercury traveling throughout your poor little unsuspecting body. Such exposure would be extremely hazardous to your health.

It's like having a mouthful of arsenic for example. Would you want to swallow it, so that you could eliminate it "naturally", or would you want to spit it out BEFORE you swallowed it?

Whenever you have a filling removed, you're temporarily exposed to more of the mercury through the removal process, but a dentist who's trained in mercury removal will be able to minimize the exposure. IMO, it's essential to find a dentist trained in mercury removal. Some dentists will offer an oxygen mask to the patient to minimize mercury vapors being inhaled. A proper dam, "chunking", and suction removal are essential.

If you have symptoms of mercury exposure, such as dermatitis or lichen planus, these might temporarily worsen due to exposure during the removal process. But afterwards, such symptoms often clear up altogether, because the exposure source has been removed.

Wishing the best for you, Debbietook!

Date: March 24, 2009 10:48PM

------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2009 10:50PM by suncloud.

Date: March 25, 2009 05:51AM

Postscript to Suncloud and others (many thanks for your responses)

I'm having that filling, and another one replaced with white today. No, my dentist isn't particularly trained in mercury removal, but last time I went through the process she used a dam etc, and I'll take the risk...just want to get a bit more of the stuff out of me!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2009 05:54AM by debbietook.

Date: March 25, 2009 10:35AM

Page 23 of "Raw Family":

"Sergei: When I went on raw foods, I had eight fillings in my teeth. I remember that when mom was taking me to the dentist to fill cavities, those teeth were very tender.The doctor couldn't even touch them. After I had stayed on raw foods for some months, the fillings started to pop out. I was surprised my teeth were not tender.....Within several weeks, the darkness in my cavities began to whiten, and fill with enamal. At first the enamal was yellow, then it whitened, then it hardened. Several months later, my teeth were as if they never had cavities."

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: March 25, 2009 01:21PM

pakd4fun,

I love the Boutenkos, but I sometimes wonder if there isn't some Soviet-style hyperbole in their accounts. You can't just release unstable mercury into your mouth--a direct conduit to the mucosa of the upper sinuses near the brain--and be OK.

Maybe it was a true Raw Foods miracle for young Seryozha : )

Date: March 25, 2009 01:46PM

It doesn't say if Sergei's fillings were mercury.

If your fillings did pop out and were mercury, would they be more unstable than when they are in your teeth? Couldn't you just spit them out?

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: March 25, 2009 03:35PM

pakd4fun,

Mercury amalgam offgasses; that's why a dentist should set up a dam in your mouth and have a pneumatic siphon to wick the contaminated air from around the tooth that's being de-filled; not a word--sorry!

If Sergei Boutenko was born in Russia, his fillings were a high[ho]silver-mercury amalgam. If he was born here, it is unlikely they would've been mercury-free, as those have only recently come into vogue in the U.S.

Perhaps an even worse offender is nickel, which is a constituent in common silver amalgam fillings, and even in some "mercury-free" resin ones. There is no escape, I guess.

Date: March 25, 2009 07:11PM

SO glad you're getting the fillings out Debbietook! That's great!

I felt just like you. I just wanted the stuff OUT! My dentist didn't have the extra special training, but he's a good dentist, and he took all of the recommended precautions except for the oxygen. Now my dermatitis (that I had for about 4 years) is almost gone!

To others with mercury fillings >

Please consider that when mercury amalgam filling are installed, scraps from the amalgam must be disposed of as hazardous waste. Again when they're removed, they must be disposed of as hazardous waste.

Here are some interesting links, but there are many more:

[www.relfe.com]

[zap.intergate.ca]

[featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com]

For a list of concerned dentists in your area (of the US) who may be best qualified to remove mercury fillings, and for an "Information Guide that discusses in detail the dental amalgam mercury issue" and other dental issues (toxic flouride, etc.), you can contact DAMS (Dental Amalgam Mercury Solutions) at 1-800-311-6265.

Or if you need to talk with a DAMS staffer, you can call 1-651-644-4572 (hope that's current).

People overseas can email DAMS at dams@usfamily.net.

(I love it when professional people get together like that to actually HELP other people!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2009 07:22PM by suncloud.

Date: March 25, 2009 07:58PM

debbietook- you're in the UK aren't you? How much was it to get the fillings replaced? I have about 4 sad smiley

Date: March 25, 2009 08:13PM

Thanks Suncloud.

It is funny this thread came up at this time because I have been researching it. I found a holistic dentist in Houston I am going to check into.

I am so glad for you Debbietook.

Date: March 25, 2009 08:30PM

£250 for two bottom molars...but so worth it!

Date: March 25, 2009 09:46PM

Pakdforfun, I'm very glad to hear you're taking this step. smiling smiley

Hope you like the dentist!

Date: March 25, 2009 10:06PM

Thanks for the support and encouragement Suncloud.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables