Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

volunteer for raw
Posted by: dave6 ()
Date: November 28, 2008 03:48PM

Hi my name is David, I am a born and bred Scottish 30 year old raw vegan male. I want to immerse myself in a raw lifestyle so have chosen to travel the world to find my ideal environment. I am looking for a place where I can help others on their own raw path, a place where I can be around like minded people. I don¡¦t mind preparing food, washing dishes or sharing my own experiences with others. I am a self employed plumber and heating engineer so very good with my hands. I enjoy reading, yoga, spiritual practice as well as others hobbies. I am willing to volunteer my time and skills to be in a raw environment. If you know of such a place please let me know
I am looking to start travelling about febuary 2009 for a couple of years. If it works out I will be looking to move on a permanent basis.
Look forward to any response
Will travel anywhereļ
Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: volunteer for raw
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: November 28, 2008 06:53PM

Dear dave6,

Howdy! Good luck with your journey, psychic and locomotive! Might I suggest looking up raw foods institutes online and asking whether they need volunteers? Please forgive me if you have already done so, as this seems pretty obvious. I believe quite a few in North America use people seasonally and operate cooperatively, i.e. your plumbing skills would be appreciated as much as any kitchen work. Here in the States, I recommend The Hippocrates Health Institute in Florida, The Creative Health Institute in Michigan, and Dr. Gabriel Cousens's Tree of Life Rejuvenation institute in Arizona. If you are looking in the UK, I'd recommend[at the risk of looking like a Shazzie shipper on these boards] following links on Shazzie's website. I don't know that there are many places of this kind in Britain; this would be the fastest way to find out. Again, good luck and safe journey!

Posted by: liberation ()
Date: November 28, 2008 07:09PM

warm greetings dave - good man!

check out my earlier post "as nature intended" and if interested in my own quest, then send me your email.

if you DO however, try the u.s. where i have resided for much of the past 20 years or so, be ready for quizzical looks if you try too much irreverent "british humour":O) note, el-lay where i am, has the most raw stuff happening and triff fresh, local, organic fruit n veg from this region's farms and community growers, but there are pockets of good people discovering this truth everywhere over there, and do be prepared for a multitude of different practical and philosophical interpretations of "raw".

happy trails...

love n liberation

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: November 28, 2008 07:12PM

hi dave6

i hope u have a blast in your adventures

i know there are also farms ...organic farms

that probably have things like farming in exchange for room and board

and they might even pay you extra for your mechanical skills

that would make sense

since they are usually looking for help regarding the planting cultivating and the harvesting of the crops

hope someone else helps out dave6 and gives him links or sites to those farms

i know it was on this board once upon a time

discussion regarding this

anyhow

good luck dave

have fun

and enjoy life

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: November 28, 2008 07:17PM

hey dave six

here is a link that jgunn posted on her other thread and it is in regards to agriculture and internships all over

<[attrainternships.ncat.org];

check it out

Date: November 30, 2008 06:28PM

Hey allsmiling smiley

Thanks for all the heart warming response.

I think i am going to start in the states and work my way up to canada probably BC. I have applied to a few health institutes for volunteer work so awaiting responses. Can't get a holiday work permit for the states so might not be able to hang about long. Looking to travel canada for about a year then head of to aussie land and NZ. If its cool i would like to meet some of you guys to share experiences and have some fun. I suppose the point in the journey is to experience people and new enviroments before i settle down.

Peace

D

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: November 30, 2008 06:43PM

Dear dave6,

I wish for you favorable responses from raw institutes everywhere. And don't "settle down" too hard--remember, you're not river silt!

Date: November 30, 2008 07:31PM

Hi tamukhasmiling smiley

I guess seeing my friends settling down with kids,houses,jobs etc.. makes me feel that i want more at the moment. I don't know if its the rawfood or just me but i feel like i want to experience the whole world. Well thats not true i know its the rawfood... ever since eating raw i have replenished the same energy i had when i was a kid the need for new experiences,exploration and connection with beautiful souls has enlightened my life.

I think this journey will point me in the right direction

d

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables