Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

sulfur burps and pumpkin seeds???
Posted by: luvyuu ()
Date: March 26, 2009 08:45PM

hello... yes such a pleasant discussion...

today i seem to have this sulfur burping issue... it's sulfur tasting and hot when i burp and not so nice feeling... i was wondering if it could be due to the pumpkin seeds i had yesterday it's the only thing that was different that i had yesterday... well i had a radish as well... but my thought is the seeds... anyone have any ideas or reasoning to this???

love laugh and dream

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: sulfur burps and pumpkin seeds???
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: March 26, 2009 09:49PM

My money's on the radish, luvyuu sad smiley

Hope it goes away soon.

Date: March 26, 2009 10:52PM

another vote for the radish!

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: March 27, 2009 12:03AM

Like other cruciferous vegetables, radishes contain sulphurous compounds that have anti-cancer properties.

quoted from: [www.innvista.com] 4th paragraph down.

Posted by: joewood ()
Date: March 27, 2009 02:43AM

Hi,

I've been eating pumpkin seeds every night for a couple of weeks now because I'm trying to build serotonin. Pumpkin seeds are high in L-tryptophan which is serotonin's precursor.

Anyway, I've never had any problems with burping or any discomfort. However, even when I juice radishes with carrots & apples I can taste them afterward. The sulfer in them is a good sinus healer(helper).

Joe

Love is patient, love is kind, it is not self-seeking, love ALWAYS protects,always endures. (1corinthians 13)

God IS love!! (1john4)
Jesus Christ...... The ONLY way to Heaven.
I am the Way, the Truth & the Life..(John 14:6)

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 29, 2009 02:39PM

radishes are known for giving people horrible gas. especially when pickled. it's def. that radish!

Date: March 29, 2009 09:06PM

sorry all it's the pumpkin seeds... i ate radish yesterday and no pumpkin seeds and no sulfur burps... i'm going to eat more radish tonight and see for sure...

love laugh and dream

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: March 29, 2009 09:35PM

pumpkin seeds dont have the sulferous compounds that radishes have so if you are havng these and its not from the radishes i would look into whatever else you are eating as im sure you are not just living on radishes or pumpkin seeds and again it might be related to your current ongoing digestive issues just a thought smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: dvdai ()
Date: March 30, 2009 12:54AM

I know exactly what luvyuu is talking about because i've had bad experiences with pumpkin seeds to the point of missing work.

But, it's not just pumpkin seeds. I found if I ate too much nut/seeds and in bad food combining ways I would get the sulfur taste in my burps along with diarrhea.

I attribute it to food combining and/or too much consumption of fat heavy foods. I have not done much research on it, though.

david

Posted by: shane ()
Date: March 30, 2009 01:58AM

I didn't know that it was the sulfur doing this, but I agree that nuts and seed over-consumption giving me foul-smelling burps. If I eat several Brazil nuts too many, or too much broccoli or cauliflower then I get these uncomfortable burps that seem to originate deep within my belly. They can last for hours and they're not too wonderful.

Date: March 30, 2009 03:22AM

yes yes...i do eat more than pumpkin seeds and radish...but what a funny diet that would be... and i will admit that i tend to munch just a bit too much when it comes to pumpkin seeds..... i'm not supposed to have the pumpkin seeds anyway... they are acid forming i bought them thinking they were ok then i got home and re read the list... darned lists... though i have to say i don't miss the burps... funny i would never considered seeds and nuts as heavy foods... i can have almonds but ever time i get them... something inside me goes crazy and i eat them all... but i don't burp with the almonds... ya know i read once that Pumpkin seeds have anti parasitic qualities... could this be the burps... little parasites not liking the seeds??? and giving up the ghost in a sulfuric way??? hmmmm

love laugh and dream

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: March 30, 2009 03:27AM

luvyuu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
ya know i read
> once that Pumpkin seeds have anti parasitic
> qualities... could this be the burps... little
> parasites not liking the seeds??? and giving up
> the ghost in a sulfuric way??? hmmmm
>
> love laugh and dream

yeep ! what a freaky thought lol.. could be lol ! tongue sticking out smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: March 31, 2009 04:13AM

Yes I agree it is sort of a freaky thought and really as a raw foodist and not wanting to harm other creatures...yet i do not wish to have parasites or other yeasties living inside me... and how terrible to think about "killing" these creatures... I suppose i could think of it more as strongly encouraging them to go away...

Love laugh and dream

Posted by: wild-aloe ()
Date: March 31, 2009 05:28AM

Yes, when I've eaten too many nuts/seeds, I've had very painful episodes accompanied by burps that smell like burnt popcorn; the gas is made by the body in response to the stress of too much fat/protein, however, and has nothing to do with sulphur content in food.

Posted by: dvdai ()
Date: March 31, 2009 02:04PM

Thanks for the follow up wild-aloe. I always wondered what the source of that taste was.

david

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables