Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Are you 100% raw? and...Going the last 30% to being 100% raw??
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 01, 2009 05:45AM

Hi all,

So I am feeling great, yoga and fruit mix fine (for those who saw my last post)... The replies I got last time were soo simple and worked, I am wondering if anyone has tips to remove the last bit of cooked food from my diet (I think Iam at 20% unraw)..How long should the switch take? The last week the only thing I've had not raw are nuts (when I cannot get raw ones), a protein bar here and there, soy milk and vegan salad dressing, vegan cheese, homemade soup, and veggies..What can I do when I eat out? Or at a friends home? It doesnt seem possible unless I carry food around with me everywhere? Is it really possible to be 100% raw all the time? [And I know the answer is yes]...but Iam wondering what the most popular % raw is on the forum?

Mary

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Are you 100% raw? and...Going the last 30% to being 100% raw??
Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: April 01, 2009 06:56AM

it's easy.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: April 01, 2009 11:01AM

I felt different going from 99-100% raw, so I think you'll definitely feel good (after a detox, if any) if you go 100! (My non-raw was nutritional yeast and/or other condiments here and there)

It is usually necessary to bring food with you, but be verbal about it; ask your friends what they would enjoy as well. If they like arugula, bring a salad. If they love strawberries, bring fruit. You'll feel your way around.

Maybe go 100 by adding 5 more percent raw each week or something!

Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: April 01, 2009 01:54PM

Mary, I'm 100% raw, and when I moved to 100%, I found social occasions easier rather than harder...no more dilemmas of the 'shall I/shan't I eat that?' kind, as the decision had already been made.

You might find the article I wrote a while back on 'Raw and Social Occasions' useful. See www.rawforlife.co.uk ('Articles' tab).

The only thing I'd say is only move to 100% raw if you really, wholeheartedly, want to. If there are any lingering doubts, especially of the 'how shall I cope?' kind, I'd recommend stepping up to 90% and resting there for a while.

Best wishes!

Date: April 02, 2009 02:54PM

hmmm...90% it is then I guess..at least for now, I did 100% yesterday without trying though so its growing on my for sure. I just love green smoothies and fresh friut so much more now, its like I crave it smiling smiley

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 03, 2009 11:23AM

actually the social thing is pretty easy

when i eat out, i order the same stuff

fruit or salad

simple

no one ever raises an eyebrow

people know that's what i like and that i consistently stick to that

no one ever gets themselves all bent out of shape if i don't eat junk

never happened

never will

Date: April 03, 2009 01:28PM

nope. i'm not interested in being 100% raw ever again. been there, done that. it's too much effort to be honest, and i don't find it neccessary for me. i feel terrific between 50-75% raw, less in winter and more in summer. it's simple to feed the kids, make up school lunches, eat at other people's homes or restaurants without having to check every single ingredient. for me the goal is a very, very healthy lifestyle, which i have. "perfection" is not on my agenda anymore. smiling smiley

Posted by: tglasco4 ()
Date: April 03, 2009 01:59PM

If your goal is to be 100% raw, i like the suggestions above which appeared to recommend going slowly. Like up to 90%. But really, if your body is craving raw, go for it! i have heard of people who were aided by the Green smoothies. If you are having success with them then keep it up. i like them as well, but haven't had the urge for one in a long time.

If you do go to 100%, make sure you are eating plenty of fresh fruits and keep up your green smoothies. The problem i find with most who fail is that they usually do not eat enough of fresh raw fruit and they seek to eat a heavier amount of gourmet raw because it reminds them of cooked things they love. In the beginning i find nothing wrong with gourmet raw foods, but they should not be the majority of the foodstuffs. The more fresh fruits and veggies in abundance the better. Your green smoothies are a good way to help with that.

Grace and Peace be multiplied to you on your journey.

todd

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: April 03, 2009 02:12PM

The best return on food investment is in unaltered foods.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: April 03, 2009 10:06PM

I was doing not a lot of gourmet raw but just eating all the time and using a salad dressing that I made that was mostly raw except nutritional yeast, and as I cut out dressings (mine was already lower-fat) and ate my greens in smoothies, I liked it better! Seems easier to eat/slurp instead of using a fork. I have a heavy appetite/exercise a lot.

I do still love dressing-less fork-served salads as well.

And I make sure to do added fat on some days with Brazil nuts and other fats that my body likes/have nutrients that I want.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables