Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Laotian Yoga/"Walking Meditation" Overview
Posted by: Manolie ()
Date: April 04, 2009 03:23PM

As taught by Manolie N. Jasper, Master
What is being taught?
Many American have an idea that Yoga and Meditation are escapes from reality, almost like self-hypnotism or going into a trance.
In reality, Yoga is a gateway to balance for the physical body and (when combined with meditation) peace for the mind.
Balance for the physical body depends in part on freeing the body from toxins in the joints, muscles, ligaments and lymph nodes, and eating for maximum health and over-all well being.
That doesn't mean "going on a diet." In fact, the healthy, balanced body will progress toward its own ideal weight.
The process by which we aid our body in doing just that is covered in the Basic and Advanced Yogi Meditation Classes. In both of these classes, there is an emphasis on cleansing exercises called "90-degree exercises," meaning that the exercises are patterned to be at 90-degrees to the well-postured body and spine.
Tai Chi*, another form of oriental exercise, is patterned to promote flexibility through a series of repetitive exercises, generally involving 45-degree movements.
In Yogi Meditation, 45-degree movements and exercises are used as "relaxing modes" of the cleansing 90-degree movements and exercises and are especially important for the beginner, as the beginner sustains a series of 90-degree movements and exercises by occasionally resorting to Tai Chi-like movements to "rest" between the essential 90-degree movements and exercises.
Many students studying Yoga for the first time ask when breathing will be taught. Actually the correct breathing need not be taught, provided that students are properly practicing their 90-degree movements and exercises, for those movements and exercises bring on the proper breathing without a need for teaching breathing technique.
[While I offer my students a Basic & Advanced DVD, or separate Basic and Advanced tapes] This tape is intended to complement the class lessons. It is not an adequate substitute for the classes themselves. Many will want to use the tape without taking the classes, but something is always lost in the process.
Plan to use this tape to review and enhance the quality of what you learn in the classes.
Yogi Meditation does include deep meditation, but only once the student has successfully mastered the Basic classes and the Advanced classes.
This is so because the stereotyped "meditation" with images of semi-dark rooms, soft music, and people sitting on cushions in an attitude of inner reflection would, if imitated by the novice without preparation and understanding, simply result in some needed and restful dozing.
Yogi Meditation is the purposeful pairing of yoga and meditation. To achieve the goals of Yogi Meditation both elements must be mastered.
Fortunately, people from 6 to 115 have taken the path you are on or considering, and they have mastered the process of transcending to a more unified, balanced, peaceful, and centered way of mastering mortality.
You can, too. So make the choices which make it possible.

*Tai Chi offers enhanced flexibility when practiced properly.

Copyright 1999-2009, Whole Sail Living(TM), Inc.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

I hope that this will add somewhat to your understanding of why I teach Laotian Yoga and combine it with meditation (for the combination I have termed "Walking Meditation."winking smiley If I have a gift I wish to leave for my family now and in the future, it is this combination which provides for a healthy body, and a mind centered on what is truly important to the individual so that the mind may be at peace in all circumstances. The typical, modern life is constantly overloaded with what seems to be important at any given moment, while in reality a healthy body and a mind at peace are the ultimate freedom we can give ourselves to be "in the world, but not of the world."
I hope you will search for and find that in your life. Manolie

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Laotian Yoga/"Walking Meditation" Overview
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: April 04, 2009 09:13PM

Thanks for the information. I'm printing it.
I've been looking for something like this to follow....WY

Re: Laotian Yoga/"Walking Meditation" Overview
Posted by: Manolie ()
Date: April 05, 2009 02:09PM

See Classifieds for the DVD and tapes. I'm also putting in pricing for one each: new Blendtec Total Blender, VitaMix 4500. and two Omega 8300 Juicers (the one with easier assembly and cleaning.) I tried the L'Equip Juicer and have one I used only twice, but will have to post that later, as I can't recall what I paid for it to base the used price on. Use a personal message to my email for any of these and I will reply. Manolie

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables